Blackmail

Felix

"Now tell me about this your 'friend'". I immediately dropped everything I was holding and slowly turn around to face the wrath of my mother. "Hello mother, you look beautiful today. Is that a -". "Cut the bullshit Felix! Yesterday you were hoping to spend the rest of high school alone and now you're off to see a friend. I'm not stupid Felix! "She ranted waving her finger dangerously close to my face. "Okay, mother you win. I became friends with a girl named Marinette. She invited me over to her place to finish our homework and we lost track of time. Happy?" I asked sarcastically. "Why wouldn't I be happy? You finally made friends and it's with a girl too! Oh this is the third best day of my life! "She exclaimed squealing like a Little girl. How she manages to flip her mood so easily always baffles me. I grabbed the bags and handed one over to her. "She wanted us to have this."

"So tell me Felix, is she pretty?" She asked following me into my room. The question caught me off guard and I couldn't stop my blush in time. "Oh, my baby finally has a crush! So tell me what is she like?" She started firing questions at me without stopping. "Mother! Please, I'll answer you at dinner. Just let me change first,okay?" I asked softly. She gave me a loving smile before kissing my forehead and leaving.

I quickly changed into casual clothes. As I was about to reach for the door a notification popped up on my phone and I went to check it hoping it was Marinette but sadly it was Chloe. I opened the message and my eyes nearly popped out of its sockets. "No fucking way! "

The Next Morning

I woke up feeling like shit. That is, until i remembered i was going to be seeing my favorite bluenette today. After what I saw yesterday, I don't think I can look at Adrien the same way ever again. I quickly took a bath and went to decide what to wear. I wasn't in the mood to wear something formal so I just put on a gray shirt and a pair of blue Jean's with my favorite pair of Air Jordans. I picked up my school bag and went downstairs for breakfast. I saw mom already eating so I kissed her cheek. "Good morning mother." I said and took my seat. "You seem to be in a good mood this morning. Is it because of a certain girl?" She said teasingly making me choke on my breakfast. She laughed at my expression and I immediately felt happier seeing my mom like this. It has been way too long.

"Mother, I thought we agreed to drop this matter last night?" I raised an eyebrow at her and she just avoided all eye contact. "Don't I have the right to be interested in my son's love life!" She exclaimed before pouting. I shook my head at her childish instincts. "Sometimes I wonder who is the child between us." She ignored my comment and said, "Felix, I'm just worried about you. You haven't been social since your dad left us and I just wanted you to live like a normal teenager. Is that too much to ask for?" She asked as her eyes started getting glassy. Sighing, I replied, "I know mother. I'm sorry." "Well, you don't want to be late for school honey, I love you! "She exclaimed as she shooed me into the car. "Love you too mom!" I waved her goodbye as the bodyguard reached the gate.

I finally reached school. As much as I wanted to see Marinette, I also really needed to talk to Adrien. I passed Lyla and her sheep. Lyla was busy whining about something but I couldn't be bothered, I was a man on a mission. I saw Adrien sitting alone in the class sulking. "Adrien, is something wrong?" He didn't answer but gave me a small smile. I sat next to him and showed him the video Chloe sent me. "Do you want to explain this?" I said shoving the phone in his face.