Dreams Suck-

Marinette's POV

Something about today felt different. Strange is a better word to describe it.

I walked through the school building, my phone in hand as I tried to reach Felix for the fourth time this morning. He wasn't responding to my texts either. I was worried but I just tried to assure myself that he was busy or maybe his phone died.

I took in a deep breath and walked into the classroom, preparing myself for another day filled with idiots and a liar. "Well look who it is; Mari-trash." I froze at the unexpected voice.

"Chlo?" I asked warily as she sat next to Lyla and Adrien with evil smirks on their faces. "What's going on?" 

"Are you blind or just plain stupid? We dumped you for Lyla." Said Adrien.

"Did you really think we'd want to be friends with someone as useless as you?" Chloe sneered and laughed cruelly in my face. 

My grip on my bag tightened in anger and confusion, "That's not true... Right, Chlo? Adrien? We're friends... Right?"

"I can't believe you were stupid enough to fall for that old trick. Did you think they would want to willingly hang out with you of all people? Only someone who was mentally deranged and as twisted as you are would try something like that!" 

It didn't make sense. We were literally on the phone last night trash-talking Lyla and now this?

"C'mon, this has to be some kind of cruel joke right?" 

Alya scoffed and pushed me back, "Didn't you hear what they said, dumbass? They betrayed you! They're not your friends! They've just been using you like we have!" 

Laughter rang out throughout the entire classroom and suddenly I was the object of ridicule once more. 

Suddenly, it was like two years ago when Lyla came to this school and turned my life upside down. Except this time hurt more because I was stupid enough to let myself get played by my friends for the second time.

Hurriedly, I rushed out of the classroom, unable to take their jeers and insults anymore. I bump into someone and stumble back a bit. "Luka, Kagami, do you two have any idea what's going on? Everyone-"

They suddenly backed away from me, looks of irritation and disgust evident on their faces. "Yeah, we know. We were in on it too." "C'mon, this all has to be some huge prank, right? You guys really didn't abandon me for Lyla. Right?"

"It's starting to get kind of pathetic, Mari-trash, really. Looking at you all desperate and shit actually makes me question what I even saw in you in the first place." Okay, ouch.

"I don't know why I was worried that you could steal that spineless idiot from me when you're more stupid than he is. I wonder what Felix would think if he saw how worthless and pathetic you really look, Mari-trash."

Stop it, please.

Please...

That's right... Felix.

He must understand what's going on.

As I ran out of the school, I could still hear the insults and laughter in the distance getting louder and louder. I pulled out my phone and dial Felix's number one more time. 

The call goes unanswered but I spot his familiar head of blonde hair underneath the Eiffel Tower.

"Felix!" I called out to him but he never answered. "Felix! Over here!" With each step I took towards him, I noticed there was another person with him. A girl with irritatingly familiar features.

Felix turned to me with the same look everyone else had, hatred, irritation, contempt. "Why are you here, Marinette? Can't you see I'm busy with my girlfriend?"

"Lyla of all people?" Felix scowled and let go of Lyla. "Who are you to talk to her like that?"

Felix too?

"I-I thought we had something going on... Why is she your girlfriend?!" I yell, unable to contain my frustration.

Felix laughed, sending shivers down my spine, "You really think I had any kind of feelings for a piece of shit like you? Only a fool would fall for someone like-"

"Shut up! W-we've gone on dates, we've kissed, you even call me your princess. So why..." For the first time throughout this shitty morning, I feel tears run down my cheeks uncontrollably. 

"So? Who cares about one date and a few meaningless kisses? You'll always remain the same manipulative, greedy, disgusting, ugly, worthless bitch I met the day I met you. Nothing more, nothing less. Got that?" 

"Oh, Marinette, why don't you do all of us a favour and take a swan dive off the Eiffel Tower," Lyla said in her usual sickeningly sweet voice.

"All of us...?" All my friends, enemies, family, Jagged, Nightingale, Tikki, Master Fu, and everyone I've ever met surrounded me with the same looks of hatred, chanting, "Take the swan dive... Take the swan dive..."

I kept backing away from them until my back was against the edge of the top of the Eiffel Tower. "Why is this happening? Why? Why?"

"You're the worst ladybug holder."

"We wish we never had you."

"I wish I never met you."

"I wish you would just disappear."

"I wish you would just die."

"Go away,"

"Die."

"Die."

"Take the swan dive, Marinette."

"Marinette!"

I jolt up on my bed, drenched in sweat and my cheeks covered in tears. I look around the room and come face to face with the worried looks of Chloe, Adrien, Kagami and Luca.

"Are you okay, Marinette? You really gave us a scare." Chloe asked, sitting next to me on my bed.

"It wasn't real?" I couldn't help but ask, earning confused looks from them.

"What wasn't real? Did something happen?" Luca asked. "It was just a dream?" A sigh of relief escaped me and I laid my head on Chloe's shoulder.

"A dream? It had to be really bad for you to have been crying like that. You can tell us if you want to, Mari. We won't judge." I debated telling them about it but the very thought of it made me feel guilty about thinking my friends would ever turn their backs on me. Then again, it was this train of thought that didn't let me see it the first time. 

So,  I told them everything; every single detail of that horrible dream. They all looked at me with sadness in their eyes and forced me into a group hug. 

"You guys are kind of choking me..." I laughed and they eventually let go. Felix walked into the room with a look of confusion on his face and a tray of pastries in his hands.

"Did I, uh, miss something important?" He asked and placed the tray on my desk. I shook my head and pried my friends off me. "You sure?" He asked warily and sat next to me, resting his head on my shoulder.

"It's nothing you need to worry about, Fe. I promise." I said and pat his head. I turned to where the tray was only to see that half of it was already gone. 

"Fuckin' idiots..." Felix muttered and Adrien sent him the middle finger.

I should never have doubted them; they're the only friends I'll ever need. 

A/N: Finally, this book will soon come to an end... Only two or three chapters left.

I've already started working on the rewrite and hopefully, it turns out better than this one.

Have a wonderful day everyone✨.

Also, the swan dive thing💀...