Emotional Damage

Marinette

"You can't be serious. What do I have to do with that?" Did I ask slightly annoyed?

You might be wondering 'what the hell happened?'. Well then, let me take you back to this morning.

A few hours ago...

It's been a week since Felix, er, kissed me and so far he's been acting like it never happened. I mean I can't exactly blame him since I've been doing the same thing.

I did mention it to Chloe and Kagami though. They started scolding me for not telling them and then proceeded to start squealing like wild monkeys about how their ship is sailing.

Whatever that means...

Anyway, when I woke up this morning, I had already planned out how my day would go. I was supposed to get to school, hang out with Felix and the others, avoid the liar and her sheep until school is over then go home to sleep.

Unfortunately for me, things just never go my way. I put on a white sleeveless sweater, a black long sleeve underneath, a black skirt that stopped right above my knees and sneakers. I put my stuff in my bag and walked to school. The moment I stepped into the school building, Chloe ran up to me and crushed me in a hug.

"Mari!" She squealed. "Hey, Chlo." She then started to talk about her date with Luka.

We entered the classroom and only Alya, Felix and Adrien were there. Alya seemed to be interrogating Adrien about Lila's whereabouts since they were 'dating', Adrien looked like he was about to commit murder and Felix was just glaring at his notebook.

Immediately he noticed me he blushed and looked away. Just great(!)

I sighed and sat next to him. Chloe shot me a look that said, 'is everything okay?' I just smiled at her and brought out my sketchbook.

After a while, Alya left Adrien alone and was glaring at me as the rest of the class came in. Including Lila.

For some reason, she was absent last week. Even Alya couldn't seem to reach her. But today, she looked like she was ready to stir up some trouble. "OMG Lila, where we're you? I was so worried!" Alya yelled before forcefully pulling her in for a hug.

Has she always been this aggressive?

"Oh don't worry. I was just sick but I do have something to tell you." Lila said practically beaming. Whatever it is that she wanted to tell her. I'm sure it will come back to but me in the ass later.

Miss Boustie came in and started class, not minding Lila and Alya talking at all. I was about to zone out again when someone tapped my shoulder. That someone being Felix.

"I'm sorry." He whispered loud enough for only me to hear. "About ignoring me or the kiss?" I blurted out only for Felix's face to flush bright red. "Ignoring you."

The kiss shouldn't be something I should freak out about. Friends kiss...

Right?

Oh, who am I kidding? Friends don't kiss or make out with you in their mother's garden. What if it was just in the heat of the moment thing and it didn't mean anything to him? Maybe that's why he's been avoiding talking about it.

Then again, what if he really does like me, and I'm just overthinking things?

Why does liking someone have to be so freaking complicated?!?

I was so caught up in my thoughts, I didn't notice that the bell had rung and miss Boustie had left the class. "Princess, are you okay?" Felix asked. "Huh?"

"It's time for our next class." Chloe answered. I mumbled a small 'oh' and followed them to the next class.

Things were going fine until lunch. I didn't want to eat in the cafeteria so we (Felix, Chloe, Luka and me) headed to my parents bakery. We brought back some snacks for Juleka and Adrien in case they wanted some.

As we entered the classroom, I could feel the glares on me but I ignored them. I sat down and immediately engaged in a conversation with Chloe and Felix.

"Are you serious right now?" Alya yelled slamming her hands on my desk. I flinched and she smirked seeing my reaction. "What do you want now?" Felix asked in a slightly annoyed tone.

"My business is with mari trash not you Felix!" Then she turned to me,"You set Lila up!" What the hell.

"Lila got fired from her modelling job! That's low even for a bitch like you!" Alix yelled.

"You can't be serious. What do I have to do with that?" I asked slightly annoyed? "You set her up you monster!" It was Rose that spoke up this time.

"How could I do that? I can't contact Mr. Agreste and I'm not friends with Adrien so how am I supposed to know when to meet her bosses and frame her?" My patience was wearing thin at this point and I really want to punch something (Lila).

"Don't even think of lying to us. We know how much of a stalker you are. You are obsessed with Adrien so of course you knew when she was supposed to be working!" Alya said crossing her arms.

"How many times do I have to tell you before you get it through your thick skulls? I. Don't. Like. Adrien. Anymore." I said fighting the urge to uppercut the bitch into space.

Felix tugged on my sleeve visibly annoyed that I stopped him from coming to my defense. "Yeah, like we'd believe that. You're probably just using his cousin to make him jealous. Too bad he's dating me and will never love you." Lila said smugly, all the tears that were on her face suddenly vanished.

Chloe and Adrien hit their heads on their tables at the classes stupidity. "He would never stoop so low as to date someone as disgusting as you are, Lila." Chloe said matter of factly. "What did you say?!" Lila screeched angrily.

"Oh, your ears aren't working? I wish it was the same for your mouth." Felix mumbled loud enough for everyone to hear. "How dare you?! Can't you see what Marinette is doing, Felix? How come you're still on her side?!" Yelled Alya.

"You know Cisare, right now I'm sitting here looking at you trying to see things from your point of view but I can't get my head that far up your ass." Felix said casually while Adrien and I were trying so hard to control our laughter.

Alya was so mad right now you could see the smoke coming out of her ears. "And what are you laughing about miss-my-mother-can't-remember-my-name?" Alya exclaimed suddenly turning to Chloe.

"Ay, leave Chloe out of this!" I yelled but she just brushed me off. Bitch.

Chloe stared at her with a bored expression on her face.

"What now tabloid writer?" Chloe said resting her head on the palm of her hand. "You little shit!" Alya lunged at Chloe but was held back by her boyfriend. "I'd keep your girlfriend on a leash if I were you. If I wanted a bitch in my life I would have bought a dog."

Nice one Chloe, nice one.

"Alright students settle down. Aurore has an announcement to make." Miss Boustie said finally getting her lazy ass in the class.