1

You were stuck in a box.

That's how you would explain your situation. You just went to sleep on your bed after a long tiring day at school with only two hours to sleep since you had assignments to finish, only to wake up in a box with an aching back. Seriously, what is this? The last thing you remember before falling asleep is seeing a horse out of your window. . .

How tiring.

You heard a voice outside of this wooden box, but it was vague and unclear.

'Welp, whatever.' you thought as you kicked the piece of wood in front of you open, shedding light on you. And what you saw was purely out of a fictional world. Floating coffins surrounding a grand mirror with intricate swirly designs framing the glass. And in front of you was-

"AAAH!? WHY ARE YOU UP!?"

". . .A cat?" you said, tired and apathetic to its protests.

The thing was literally a dark grey cat with blue flames coming out of his ears and a pitchfork for the end of his tail. And for some reason has a tattered black and white striped bow.

Nonetheless, you stared at it with your mismatching eyes, leftover fatigue still in your body to make you not care.

"Hey, Human!"

You turned back to the thing it called itself "Grim"

"Hurry and give me those clothes!" he demanded.

You stared at him for a second. " . . . Hah? What's so special about my clothes?"

Grim gritted his teeth. "You stupid human, I need a uniform before the ceremony starts!"

"Uniform?"

You looked down and saw you were wearing a black coat that had short tails behind you with an intricate purple pattern with gold accents, black pants, a belt, and boots with golden tips. You also noticed a hood over your head, piling your long hair at the back.

"Oh."

"Now, " Grim smirked. "Give me those, or I'll roast ya!" He then blew a trail of fire around you, as if he inhaled alcohol and blew it at a torch. But there was no torch nor alcohol around. 'Magic.' you concluded as you felt your fatigue turn to apathy and slight annoyance.

"Wow, a fire breathing cat. . . or raccoon," you said, sarcasm noted.

"I SAID I'M NOT A - HEY GET BACK HERE!"

Too late, you're already running from the room down the corridor, not wanting to deal with this, before passing a room that looks like a classroom, to outside to what seems like a courtyard - "Am I in a school?" you wondered, passing by a cafeteria - before finding yourself in what seems to be a library.

Floating books here and there, shelves of books, and tables with lamps on each one.

"Okay, this is definitely a school," you said before sighing.

Well, couldn't this get any weirder?

The answer? Yes.

A row of flames blocked where you're facing, licking at your clothes and making you step back. "Did you seriously think you'd get away from my nose? Dumb human."

Oh, come on?

You looked to see a smug Grim, crossing his arm. Usually, you would say no and try to explain yourself. But you're feeling lethargic and slightly annoyed because this thing is an animal that is equal to a human child playing pretend. And you just wanted to go back to sleep.