14: S-3

You woke up to the sound of Grim screaming in the morning "DELUXE SANDWICH!" much to your and the other's dismay and agitation. "Shut up, furball." Ace groaned when you jolted awake and sat up, wiping your eyes off the crust and eye mucus. "It's too early for this." Deuce chimed in, stuffing a pillow over his head. You groggily stretched your arms over your head, arching your back. "It's already 6 so might as well."

The duo groaned in tiredness.

After getting ready, you decided to get some snacks from Sam's store for a small breakfast with the one brain cell trio. Grim rested on your shoulder as you got two canned tunas to fit your budget. "Why can't we get more?" he whined.

"Do you want to starve for the rest of the week?"

He remained silent after that. As you were getting other snacks for Ace and Deuce, you noticed a familiar dark long-haired male with golden hair decorations and a hoodie.

'Jamil.'

While Grim hummed in confusion, you walked up to the second year of Scarabia. "Senior Jamil," the boy paused in his grocery searched and glanced at you, eyes widening before they returned to their usual look. "Ah, Prefect of Ramshackle." You nodded as you smiled small. "It's nice to see you again,"

"Yes," Jamil responded, averting his eyes for some reason. "It is."

You were about to question his life when you noticed one of his fingers was bandaged. "What happened?" you asked as your finger brushed against his bandaged one. Jamil's eyes looked back at you before looking at his finger. "Ah, I cut myself while I was preparing agemanju with lamb for Kalim per usual." You tilted your head in curiosity, you saw Jamil cut those vegetables like a pro the last time you were in the kitchen so how could he cut himself?

"Were you tired?" Grim asked.

"Not so much that I cut myself," Jamil replied before cupping his chin in thought. "However, I did feel like my consciousness slipped away for a bit." That got your attention fast. "Are you, perhaps, part of your dorm's spell drive team?" you asked. Jamil's face contorted to confusion. "Yes, how-"

"We've been investigating the injured candidates for the magift tournament," you explained. "Cro- the headmaster suspected that foul play is being done so he had us investigate." Jamil nodded in understanding. "I see, well if it's any help to you, my guess it was someone's unique magic."

"You sure you weren't drowsy or. . ?" Grim trailed off.

"No, I felt that sensation before so I'm sure." was Jamil's reply. "They used magic to control the movements of a person."

"I suspected that was the case," you muttered. "I have a hunch that Savanaclaw is behind it but I have no idea which dorm member is doing it nor do I have any proof."

Jamil hummed. "That is troubling indeed."

Grim sighed. "If I'd have magic like that, I'd make everyone in the school give me deluxe munchie katsu sandwiches everyday-AH!" Grim shot up in realization, surprising you and Jamil. "Grim," you blinked in surprise. "What are-"

"I know who has that kind of magic!" Grim exclaimed, falling into the basket that you're holding. "I need to tell Riddle!"

"Okay, okay," you chastised the monster before giving Jamil a sheepish smile. "Thank you for the talk, Senior Jamil. We'll be taking our leave now, see you." You hurried to get the remaining needed snacks before paying them and meeting with the Heartslabyul students. "What took you so long?" Ace asked.

Before you could answer, Grim jumped from your shoulder and started sprinting. "No time, I gotta tell Riddle something important!"

"What could be so important?" Deuce asked you, to which you shrugged.