8: H-4

After grueling minutes of peeling, Ace let out a loud vocal sigh of relief, slumping onto the table in front of him. "We're finally done peeling!" Deuce slouched forward, his arms sagging at his sides. "My arms hurt. . ." he complained. You stretched your arms above your head, hearing the satisfying cracking of bones before releasing a sigh of satisfaction. Trey let out a chuckled. "Good job," he said, raising a thumbs up at your group. "Your hard work will make it tastier."

"I'm full just from the smell," Grim noted, going to your head, curling himself into your hair like a bird in its nest. You gave a pat to the tired monster. "You did well." You soothe the monster before looking back at Trey, who was going to the next step of making the tart. "Next we mix butter and sugar into the chestnut paste then add oyster sauce as the secret ingredient." The vice-house warden instructed, putting cubes of butter and a cup of sugar in the chestnut paste. You raised a brow at the mentioned 'secret ingredient' he said.

'Oyster sauce in a baked pastry?' You thought with a skeptical feeling. 'Oyster sauce is good for making any food salty if that's the customers' preference, but for a supposed sweet dessert. . .' You glanced at Trey, who was explaining the supposed function of adding oyster sauce to his underclassmen when you saw a twinkle of mischief in his eyes. 'Ah, he's joking.' You felt the same bubbling amusement from before as your lips curl into what you could assume was a small smile.

"Seriously, That's a pretty salty sauce," Deuce commented.

"Even chocolate gets but in curry all the time," Ace noted. "I might be good."

You huffed out a laugh as you pointed at the upperclassmen, who seemed to be keeping themselves together from laughing. "Senior Trey was joking you two."

"EH!?"

Trey let out a stream of laughs at the reveal. "They're right, it's a joke." He revealed. "Oyster sauce does not belong in sweets."

"Screw you!" Ace yelled in annoyance. "You said it with a straight face!"

"It's obvious if you thought about it, Ace." You commented.

Ace grumbled unintelligibly, making you roll your eyes as you turned your attention to Trey, who was recovering from his laughter. "Don't just accept things without a healthy amount of skepticism." He chastised. "Better study up."

"This guy looks nice, but he's pretty good at lying," Grim mumbled, you hummed in agreement. If one doesn't look at the body language of the deceiver, they would've been fooled easily. "Next is whip cream - Ah!" Trey widened his eyes as he looked at the parts of the Mont Blanc in realization. "What's the matter?" Ace asked.

"You all gathered too many chestnuts that I got ahead of myself and made too much marron paste," Trey explained, a conflicted expression on his usually lax face." We don't have enough whipped cream to mix into it." You walked up to his side and peered down at the parts, the paste definitely more than the whipped cream he made. "I can go and get more whipped cream," Deuce volunteered. "Is it sold at the school store?"

"You could find anything at that place so it should be there." Trey nodded. "Could I ask you to pick up a few other things?" The Vice-house warden then wrote on a piece of paper the things he needed, listing them down. "I don't think I can carry all that alone," Deuce mumbled. You tapped his shoulder, gaining his attention. "I could come with you." You said to the bluenette. Deuce grinned at you. "Thanks!"

"I'm going too!" Grim declares. "I'm tired of mixing flour endlessly!" You pulled him by the tail down till he lands on the counter, ignoring his complaints. "You need to stay here to help Trey-san and Ace, an extra pair of hands -" You paused mid-sentence, reconfiguring your words. " - or your case, paws, will help get this dessert faster." Grim pouts angrily at you. "But I've been helping them already!" You tapped his nose. "Do you want to eat the mont blanc soon?"