24: O-8

"Do you always like to braid your hair like this, Lamb?"

You glanced at Leona, who held your braided tail in one hand, inspecting the braids that you practically mastered. Ruggie picked at a loose bound of hair that was untied at your shoulders, fingers trailing it down. "Man, your hair is longer than Senior Leona's," he commented. " Are you trying to be that one girl whose hair reaches past her feet?"

It was lunchtime, the cafeteria was filled with students with trays of food. Your three Savanaclaw friends decided to sit with you, Leona at your right while Ruggie and Jack were at the other side of the table. Grim was chowing down on his food till Jack pulled him along to his mission of finding more weaknesses in Azul. AKA, go to his office to annoy him.

You swatted playfully at the hyena, earning a mischievous grin in return. "Don't be ridiculous, that would be a hassle to deal with." You blew a strand that was on your face. "I kept it long because my brother likes to tie it in different styles, he likes this one the most."

"Brother?" Ruggie inquired.

You felt Leona pause in his inspection, as if weary of the subject. Well, you guess it could be expected. Not only does he have an older brother of his own, with whom he seems doesn't really have the best relationship, but he also saw a glimpse of your past. You guess that he might be concerned about your comfortability with the subject.

You took out your phone and checked the time. Still has some time before your next class so might as well.

"I have a brother who's a year younger than me," you explained, picking at your food. "I guess you could say he's the opposite of me, not just in appearance but in personality. I think." You eyed at the ceiling as you continued. "My brother got more of our mom's looks while I got more of our dad's, so if you tell anyone we're siblings, they might not believe you till they see our parents."

"So you're the oldest sibling," Leona stated.

"Yeah, but if you compare me and (B/N) side to side, you might think he's the older one." You bit your cheek as you estimated (B/N)'s height. "I would say he's probably around your height, Senior Leona."

Ruggie let out an impressed whistle. "First Jack and now your brother."

"Jack's the largest and tallest first year I ever met, he's even larger than my brother."

"That's true." Ruggie took a bite of his sandwich. "You and your brother close?"

You nodded. "I would say he's overprotective but that was only when I'm either being bullied or-" you paused in mid-sentence as you realized what you were going to say. What you were going to recount. The fear that you felt when that monster threw any furniture at you out of anger and frustration, only to miss you by a few centimeters or inches. The times she shouted at you and blamed you for his death, increased the fear and hurt you felt. The times she took away your only potential friend just so you wouldn't be happy. The fear, the hurt, and the indescribable storm of emotions that made you suffocate was something you didn't want to remember, at all.

"Lamb?"

Your thoughts were broken when you paid full attention to Leona who called your name. His brows were furrowed as his eyes glinted with worrying concern. You took a silent breath as you shook your head. "Anyway, my brother is really distrusting of people that I'm around. Mostly because he thinks that they have a hidden motive."

"Is it because of the bullying?" Ruggie asked.

You hummed in reply. "I don't really have any friends back in my old world, the people there didn't really like me because I was different from them." You heard both beast-men snorts, making you chuckle. "I'm not saying I'm unique or anything. Just, they didn't really take my abilities kindly."