36: SB-6

You returned to the building for breakfast and everyone was chowing down on the food, although Grim almost choked to death again when Kalim shoved down blue cheese and crackers in his mouth if it weren't for you and Jamil preventing it. Kalim went to get ice cream with Jamil, not after the latter scolded him for not minding his standing as the heir of the Al-asim family to which the former just waved at it dismissively.

When they were gone, Grim turned to you and your brother with a look. "Now I'm really confused, y'know. This Kalim doesn't really listen to others yet I don't think he's a bad guy."

"Are you sure that vice dorm leader snake is really behind this?" (B/N) asked.

Before you can answer, footsteps were heard as Kalim returned with red hazy eyes. "Senior Kalim," you noted, alerting the other students.

"Hey you all," Kalim started. "How long do you plan to sit around stuffing your faces!? Do you think you are kings!?"

"What!?" the residents, Grim, and your brother exclaimed.

"Clean this up!" Kalim ordered. "It's time for afternoon practice!"

The residents answered with the appropriate response before cleaning up. Grim yelped at the sudden change. "Now we're back with scary Kalim," he whined.

"But did you notice?" you asked, pulling Grim and (B/N) closer so no one can hear. "Senior Kalim became like that when he went with Senior Jamil, it's as if he was the trigger to these mood swings." you looked at Kalim. "And his eyes," The both of them looked at where you're looking. "They became hazy as if he was in a trance."

"Ah! You're right!" Grim whispered back, surprised.

"Then that snake is really behind this!" (B/N) growled.

"I won't let you escape." Kalim, now facing your trio, stated seriously. "We'll be practicing defensive spells until evening. Get out to the courtyard!" When he wasn't looking at you anymore, your brother fisted his hands. "We have to escape tonight!"

"No," you objected. You watched as Jamil came back to the room, a small smirk forming as his eyes held something malicious. "Not tonight. We can't be hasty or else we'll be caught. " You turned to the monster. "Grim, do you think you can come up with a way to escape?

Grim grinned. "Leave it to me!"

You turned to your brother next. "You'll be our watch, look and hear for any of the night guards when we escape."

"Alright," he saluted. "Then, what about you?"

"I'll be playing this game Senior Jamil," you smirked. "Maybe getting that favor from Octavinelle while I'm at it.

In the meantime, act like you have no idea what's going on for now. It's best to get him when his guard is lowered."

Night came and the residents put you three in the same room before making sure to lock the doors. You listen to the voices as they conversed, biding your time as they talked a bit more before moving on. "Did the night watch move on?" Grim asked.

(B/N)'s ears twitched for any sound before nodding. "They're gone,"

Grim sighed before he started complaining. "We got worked so hard I thought I'd lose my lunch this afternoon."

Your brother sighed heavily. "The headmaster is not coming so we have to deal with this ourselves,"

"As usual," you sighed before turning t the monster. "Anything Grim?"

The said monster nodded proudly. "Be glad that I came up with a foolproof plan for us to escape!"

"What's this plan, you little gremlin?" (B/N) asked.