7: H-3

You felt the air go tense as you all looked at Riddle, who had a stern glare on his face. Which doesn't suit his face at all. You watched as Cater flimsily try to divert or distract the dorm leader's attention but failed.

Grim let out a sound of realization. "This is the guy who put that weird collar on me during the entrance ceremony!" You heaved a sigh as you prepared yourself to fix any messes that your friends might make.

"You're the freshmen who caused all that fuss of expulsion yesterday," Riddle noted, eyes going to the two Heartslabyul freshmen. He crosses his arms as he turns his attention to Grim. "Will you knock it off, calling someone's unique magic a ' weird collar'?" He sighs. "For goodness sake. The headmaster's soft. If you forgive the rulebreakers, the whole system will collapse." He stated as if it were a fact. "All you have to do is cut the head off those who don't follow rules."

"The things coming out of his mouth doesn't suit his look. . ." Ace trailed off.

"The headmaster appears to have forgiven you, but make no mistake the next time it happens, I will not," warned Riddle with a strict look.

Ace puts on a friendly face. "By the way, Dorm Leader is there anyway. . . you could say, remove this collar?"

Riddle replied. "I was going to if you learned your lesson, but the way you were just talking shows you haven't at all." You pursed your lips. 'People should label their food.'

Riddle then said this as if to comfort them. "Don't worry, as first years, you'll only be learning fundamentals, not actually learning magic." He then added. "You won't be able to cause a scene like yesterday, isn't that great?"

You gave a flat look. 'This guy probably has a tiger parent filled rules for him. Well, someone, I could relate with.'

Suddenly you felt dark and negative energy that tickled your back, sending shivers to your spine. You saw in the corner of your eye a dark tentacle slithering back from you, your eyes followed it till it retracted back to Riddle, who seemed to be covered with it. The energy was heavy and almost unbearable, but you persist in keeping your ground. It made you wonder, what's going on at Riddle's house?

By then, you missed the rest of the conversation, only to hear Riddle say: "I must go buy sugar cubes from the school store, so I'll be on my way."

' . . . Why would he need sugar cubes? Is it another weird rule from the Queen of Hearts?' Your mind went blank for a minute before confirming. 'Yeah, it is.' You looked around the others, noticing they were still looking at the dorm leader. 'Guess they haven't noticed my state yet.'

You watched as Riddle leave the cafeteria with curious interest. The darkness around him seemed to grow bit by bit, making you slightly worried for his wellbeing. A sigh of relief from Cater caught your attention. "That was close." Grim frowned. "That is obnoxious."

"Woah, that's rude," Deuce added.

Your ears caught two students muttering worriedly after Riddle left. "Did the dorm leader leave?" Student A asked in a low whisper.

"I broke the Laws of the Queen of Hearts, No. 186, "One must never eat a hamburger steak on a Tuesday." Student B admitted, worry turning to fear. "I was terrified of what would happen if he found out I ate one!"

'How many rules are there in Heartslabyul?' You internally questioned. 'And rules that dictate what you must and mustn't eat? That's taking it too far.' You then notice grave faces on the two seniors at your table, Trey explains. "In his first week of school, Riddle took the seat of Dorm Leader." In his first week? How strong is that guy? "He speaks harshly but he's trying to make the dorm better, he doesn't have bad intentions." Then at least let them eat what they want.