4

The one brain cell duo - your new name for them - yelled in disbelief at Crowleys' declaration. You deadpanned at the two. "You obviously can't expect to be not expelled after destroying school property."

Ace stuttered to reply. "I-I know that but-"

"Please!" Deuce pleads, catching your attention. "Anything but that! I have things I have to do at this school!"

"You have nothing to blame but your idiocy." Crowley scolded.

"I will pay for all damages if I have to!"

You coughed, gathering their attention. "Do you even know how much that chandelier cost? I doubt you even have the money."

Crowley seemed to agree with you as he nodded. "Mx. (Y/N) is right, this is no normal chandelier. This is a magic chandelier that uses candles that will burn for eternity. " he explained. "It is a masterpiece made by a legendary master of magical tools. It has been entrusted to this school since its very foundation. Taking into consideration its historical value, It would cost, it would no less than a billion madol." He finally asked. "Can you really pay for that?"

'Oh,' you thought helpfully. 'Madol is the currency of this world. Well, now I just need to find a job to get 'Madol'.' You steadied Grim, who was still in a daze, as he started tilting to his sides and almost off your head.

"A-a billion madol!?" Deuce stammers in shock.

"B-but teacher," Ace says with a nervous yet friendly tone. "Can't you just fix it right up with magic?"

"Magic is not all-powerful," Crowley solemnly explains. "More importantly, the heart of any magic tool, the magic crystal was shattered. No two magic crystals are the same. This chandelier will never be lit again."

You looked at the depressed students and felt a ping of either pity or sympathy in your chest. You didn't know which one was it but you can't really ignore it. Sighing, you poked Crowley on the arm. "Is there another way we could fix it?" you asked.

Crowley cupped his chin with his fingers, deep in thought. ". . . That's right, there is one way. There might be a way to fix the chandelier." Ignoring the surprise gasps of the opposite color duo, you listened "The magic crystal for the chandelier was mined in the Dwarfs' Mine. If we have a magic crystal of the same kind as the original, repairs might be possible."

"I will," You heard Deuce breathe out. "I will go find a magic crystal. Please allow me to go!"

"However," Crowley then interrupted. "I have no guarantee that there are any left in the mine. The mine has been closed for a while and it may be exhausted of crystals."

Deuce still looks determined. "I'll do anything to get the expulsion rescinded!"

"Fine, I shall give you one night." Crowley allowed. "Come to me with a magic crystal by tomorrow morning or face expulsion."

You noticed that while Deuce was determined, Ace looked troubled by this task. That gives you more reason to call them the opposite-colored duo. Nonetheless, you agreed with the terms. Crowley permitted you to use the Gate in the Mirror Chamber to go to the Dwarfs' Mine, which helps you a lot cause you had no idea how far this Mine is. While you three were running towards the chamber, you placed Grim in your arms so he won't fall as you were running. He woke up when you got near the chamber, where asks what happened.

"We're basically screwed until we get a magic crystal to fix the chandelier. "You recapped.

You got to the Mirror chamber, the same place you woke up in. Ace groaned. "Why did it turn into something like this? Today is not really my day."