13: S-2

I changed some of the events so the story will not completely follow the game.

After Crowley left after assigning you the investigation, you texted the ACduo that you'd be occupied with a task from the headmaster. They wished you good luck. Now, you're in the infirmary with Grim on your shoulder and were astounded to see the number of students there. You widened your eyes as you took in the patients here.

"The guy who hurt his leg is somewhere here, let's find him!" Grim announced.

You flicked his head for being too loud.

"Eh, what's with you guys?" you heard a voice muttered, looking to see a shaggy dark blonde male with olive skin, his friend with dark aqua hair beside him. Both of them were from Heartslabyul. "Oh, you're those guys from Ramshackle dorm that was at the Unbirthday party." the friend noted.

You hummed when you strode up to them. "Yeah, that's us."

Grim grinned. "Look at how famous we are!"

"We're here to learn how you got hurt," you said. "Did anyone push you or did you slip?"

"No," the shaggy blonde student said. "I didn't really get it either. He and I were just talking, and before I knew it, I fell down the stairs."

"Just like that?"

"Just like that, it almost felt like my body kinda left forward. . .I can't really put it into words."

You raised a curious brow at the information while Grim just nodded in understanding. "Thank you for your cooperation."

The other interviews were more or less eventful, the only one being the most is when you had to fight a Promefiore student because he was upset before you went back to the dorm.

"I can't see anyone we talked to anything other than being clumsy." Grim stated as he sat at the lounge table. You gave him a look. "You don't think it could be the cause of magic?"

"Not everything has to be related to magic, us your brain."

You karate chopped the monster's head, earning a shout of pain from him. "Why don't you use your brain and think, how would a student sabotage the magift tournament?"

Grim hummed in thought. "I would probably try to get the other teams to forfeit."

"How would you get the other teams to forfeit? By injuring their players." you paced around as you thought. "Let's presume that someone did commit foul play, and it's the cause of these accidents. If I were the culprit, I would have to use some kind of magic that would control someone, manipulate their movements."

Grim also hummed in thought. "I guess that would make sense," he scratched his head. "And a kind of magic that controls someone's body, why does that sound familiar . . .?"

Your thoughts were interrupted by the doorbell, you walked towards the door and opened it. When you opened it, Ace peeked inside. "Yoo!" You widened the door to let the ginger boy in. "Oh, Grim you're looking better." Ace noted once inside. Grim groaned in response. "It's just you. Listen, I'm busy right now, so I don't have time to hang out."

"Busy?" Ace inquired. "You're not gonna finished the homework?"

"He's done with it, actually." you led Ace into the lounge room. "And you see. . ." Once you settled down and brought a glass of water for Ace, you explained your current jobs for the headmaster and what has been going on. Ace hummed in understanding. "People getting hurt suspiciously, huh? So that's the task you mentioned?"

"Yup," you replied.

"But while we were listening to them," Grim added. "It just sounded like they were being clumsy or getting caught up in the excitement for the tournament at first."