28: O-12

After that out-of-this-world experience of seeing Mickey in the Mirror, you went to sleep since you're too tired for this. The next day, there was knocking at the door, making you go down with Grim who was busy eating his tuna to see the Leech Twins who were ready to pick you up. "Jellyfish, Seal, good morning!" Floyd greeted you when you opened the door. "We came to pick you up. Let's go!"

Grim deadpanned. "Man, seeing you guys makes me scared that you guys are gonna try to take something again."

"You wound me," Jade said, placing a hand on his chest. "We would never do anything unsightly to those who don't break the contract."

Ah, that reminds you.

"Thank you for taking care of Ramshackle while we were gone," you said to the twins.

Though, soon noticed they had this ghost of a grimace on their face. "What's wrong?"

"Eh, Jellyfish, I don't like your dorm," Floyd said honestly.

"You don't?" you tilted your head as you widened your eyes feigning surprise.

"Please don't take any offense, Mx. Prefect," Jade added. "It's just that we have encountered strange and unpleasant experiences here."

"Like what?"

"Doors slamming in our faces, cabinets hitting us-" Jade started.

"-The tables move when we rearrange them, and there was one time something bumped into me while I was walking down the stairs!" Floyd finished, pouting. "I did not like it at all."

"We thought that it was the ghosts who haunt this place, but we learned that they took leave when they realized we were occupying the building for the time being."

Grim let out an eh. "That's probably Ramshackle itself, it probably doesn't like you." he casually replied before taking another bit of his canned tuna.

The twins stared blankly at the cat. "Jellyfish, can you explain what Seal is talking about?"

You covered your mouth to stifle a laugh. "Ramshackle is alive, Senior Leech twins, I told the building itself to take care of you two while I and Grim were staying at Savanaclaw." You then lowered your hand as you grinned. "I specifically told it to make sure you two have a good time here."

"Oh," Jade widened his eyes in surprise at the new information. "That's. . ."

"Jellyfish, you're mean."

You laughed at them, shaking your head. "Come on, don't we have a field trip to go to?"

You all arrived at the same museum, this time as tourists. The inside was the same as before with its open roofs, the center statue of Triton, and a number of items on display.

You heard Deuce and Ace being in awe at the place while Jack noted how ripped Triton was, making you stifle a chortle. "Hello everyone, and welcome to the Atlantic Memorial Museum." Azul started, appearing. "I made us a reservation under the name Monstro Lounge so please enjoy what the museum has to offer."

"There he is, octopus man Azul-" you covered Grim's mouth as you tilted your head. "Why aren't you in your mer-form, Senior Azul?"

"Octo-mers are exceedingly rare around here you see," Azul explained. "I'd really like to avoid leaving weird impressions after I return the photo."

"There is no need to worry." Jade chastised, who was in his Eel-mer form along with his brother. "Nobody would notice that the chubby octopus in the photo was you."

"We came all the way out here so wouldn't it be more convenient to be in your real form?" Floyd asked.

"Please leave me be," Azul stated seriously. "I will get this photo returned. . ." He then added. "Please take a look around the museum."

Yous stayed while the others decided to explore, leaving you and Azul. "You're not going?" the man asked.

You shrugged in reply. "Just to make sure that you actually return the photo."

"No need to doubt me," Azul stated with a frown. "I will properly return it."

You stood beside Azul as he put the photo back where it was. You glanced at the man as he stared at the photo. "I thought that if I could erase all the photos from my past, my time spent being bullied as a 'dumb, clumsy octopus' would vanish with them." The octo-mer stated. " The Sea witch never hid her past but faced it and worked hard to overwrite her reputation."

"You kept saying you wanted to be like her," you said, turning your attention to the photo. "But you ended up doing the opposite of what she did and ran from your past. While it's not admirable, it's understandable since not all people are ready to face something. But. . ." you glanced at Azul, who looked at you back. "While you might not have the courage to face your past, you're pretty great without the stealing of magic."

"Eh?" Azul let out in surprise.

You smiled. "I'm honestly impressed with your hard work and intelligence, it even got the headmaster tongue-tied. And that alone is quite difficult to keep."

Azul flushed. "My. . .hard work?" he then coughed in his fist before continuing. "There is no need for you to flatter me. I only wanted to get back at those who made fun of me for so long."

Your conversation was cut when Grim called you two over while pointing at a large skeleton of a reptilian-like creature along with a cauldron. Azul chuckled before offering you an arm. "Let's go?"

You chuckled back as you took it, swimming with him towards the others.

When you got back to the Mirror Chamber, Grim heaved a deep sigh in the fresh air. "Man the air on land sure tastes good!"

"Our museum adventure was pretty fun." Deuce smiled.

"I used to think it was pretty boring," Floyd said as he decided to drape himself on you from behind." But it's pretty good once in a while."

You stumbled forward before catching yourself. "Senior Floyd, why are you doing this to me?" You heard a chuckle as he then decided to plant his head on top of yours. "Eh~ Jellyfish, you can't handle my weight?"

"I carried heavier things than you."

Jade sniggered behind you. "It's interesting to see how merfolk of the past perceived the world on land. They were really of sometimes."

"The fork, I mean dinglehopper, was hilarious." Ace commented.

"I'm pleased to hear that you all enjoyed your time," Azul said. "I'm sure you're exhausted from our little sojourn. How would you like to have tea at Monstro Lounge? It's almost time to open?"

Grim Yahooed in victory. "I'm totally ready for a snack!"

When you entered the mirror to Octavinelle and went to the cafe, the place was bustling with people. "Eh!? Why is this crowded already?" Ace asked in disbelief.

"Oh my, it seems our special advertisement is already bearing fruit," Jade noted.

"Special advertisement?" you tilted your head as you asked in sync with Jack.

"After Azul's overblot, the headmaster got pissed and said we're not allowed to use contracts to take people's abilities," Floyd explained. "So Azul made a point card."

You hummed in interest at the alternative as Azul began to explain the point card system. "The 600 madol special drink gets you one point. The 1500 madol combo meal gets you 3 points. If you are able to save up to 50 points, you are allowed one meeting with me to discuss any trouble you may be having."

"Anything goes?" Grim asked.

"Even about. . .school work?" Deuce added.

"But of course," Azul replied with a smug smirk.

"And if you are able to save up three-point cards, you can get even more desirable service," Jade added.

"If you would like more information, please take a gander at this pamphlet or the restaurant' website," Azul informed.

The three idiots did not waste time ordering.

"You guys. . ." Jack sweatdropped.

You sighed into deadpan at the clear sign of no repentance from any of them.

Thoughts on what will happen in the Scarabia chapter with MC?