12: Savanaclaw-1

Savanaclaw arc, let's go!!

' Great, Savanaclaw is next.'

Please note the sarcasm.

You watched the scene of Simba's ceremony to being the next king of the pride lands commence, his father, Mufasa, behind Rafiki as he held baby Simba to the sky. The animals cheered in joy at the heir to the throne. Your consciousness stirred as everything dissipated, you reluctantly opened your eyelids and waited for the foggy vision to clear. Once it was clear enough, you removed the crust from your eyes as you brushed the strands of hair from your face.

'I feel like this is gonna be a pattern of some sort, and I was just talking to Leona a few days ago.'

You huffed as you combed through your dark locks, arching your back as you got a few satisfying cracks from your bones. "NYAAAAAA!" A cry had you jumping in surprise as you look beside you, Grim having a wide grin as he settles back into the bed, curling as he mumbled in his sleep. "What the fuck is that monster dreaming about?" you muttered under your breath, bewildered as you got up from bed.

"Nng~ How's that. . .Do you understand the power of the Great Grim . . ." the monster mumbled while flailing his limbs. You deadpanned while your fingers untangle your hair from its hell of tangles. "Really . . .?" You then gently shook the monster cat. "Grim, buddy wake up." You watched as Grim turned over his side. "I showed that tyrant, Riddle, who's boss. . ." He opened his eyes slowly before they quickly shot up in surprise. "NGAH!" He looked around, confused. "What!? Ramshackle!?" He then pouted as he sat up, crossing his arms. "It was only a dream. I thought I'd knock Riddle out and became the strongest wizard ever. So disappointed."

You rolled your eyes as an amused smirk crawled on your lips, getting your uniform from its hanger as you headed to the bathroom to change from your pajamas - courtesy of Ace and Deuce buying you clothes - before going to class. "You would become the strongest if you're not only powerful but also smart, Grim."

"Okay!" you heard Grim exclaim from outside. "Time to get going, another day closer to becoming a great wizard!"

Once you were clean and changed, you joined Ace and Deuce before heading to class. The classes were as usual but you can't help but noticed that the students were a bit excited or antsy for some reason. After History, Trein asked you to bring some papers to his office before you go to the cafeteria. When you were getting the papers, you took the opportunity to ask. "Mr. Trein, I've noticed that the others were getting. . ." you looked for the right word. "Restless I suppose. Is there something about to happen?'

Trein stroked his familiar, Lucius, back as he replied. "Yes, there is, the Interdorm Magift tournament is coming soon and the players of the teams are preparing for that day." You cocked your head, is that a sort of sport in this world? Trein gave something that looked like to be a smile before it dropped as quick. "The Interdorm Magift tournament is a sport in this world, there are seven players per team and they use a disk as the scoring item. The team's goal is to get the disk to the opposite side as many times as possible."

"That sounds like a sport from my homeworld," you noted.

"Is it?"

"The sport we have is called football, it has similar goals and plays but do the players use magic to hold the disk?" you asked.

"Yes they do, if you try to catch the disk with your bare hands, it'll hurt. So that's why using magic is a safer choice."

"Oh," you blinked at the information, nevermind American football, this is quidditch. Minus the three balls and using hands. "Do they use their brooms?"