Chapter 6

Sadie was still upset a few hours later. We all woke up because of her crying so we decided to all sit with her. ""It was a long goodbye" Bridgette said. Then I saw the Gophers come over. They were the last people I wanted to see. "What do you guys want? Come by to rub it in?" Courtney said. "We got some extra dessert after our Tuck Shop Party. Thought you might want some." Trent said. "We don't wanna see you. Get the fuck away from us." I said. "Ok, Owen stank up our cabin and we need some time to air out" Gwen said, pointing at Owen. He farted. "Ew dude." Trent said. The dessert was green jelly with a worm inside it. I sighed and laid my head on Duncan's shoulder. He started to rub my back. Beth came up to Courtney with the dessert and Courtney was clearly scared. "No! I mean, no thanks. I'm good" Courtney said. "What are you on a diet or something?" Duncan asked. I elbowed him in the ribs. You just don't ask people that. At least in my opinion you don't. "No! I just don't like green jelly ok?" Courtney said. Beth then held it up to DJ and he screamed, "Snake!" He pushed the plate and it flew onto the ground. "Chill dude, it's just a gummy worm" Cody said. "Sorry for tripping. Snakes just freak me out." DJ said. "I feel you. Chickens give me the creeps dude" Tyler said, placing a hand on his shoulder. "You're afraid of chickens?" Gwen asked. "Wow, that's, that's really lame man" Duncan said. "Duncan be nice." I whispered.

So suddenly everyone's having this big share fest by the fire. Like Beth went on and on about how her mortal fear is being covered by bugs, Harold's afraid of ninjas, and even Heather admitted she's afraid of sumo wrestlers. Gwen said

"What's my worst fear? I guess being buried alive." Gwen said. "Walking through a minefield... in heels" Lindsay said. "Flying man that's some crazy stuff" Owen said. "I would never go up in a plane, never" Izzy said, "I'm scared of hail. It's small but deadly dude" Geoff said. "Being left alone in the woods." Bridgette said. "Bad haircuts" Sadie said. "Oh ok, I change mine. That's so much scarier than a minefield" Lindsay said. "Having to diffuse a time bomb under pressure" Cody said. "I'm not really afraid of anything" Courtney said. ""Balonne" Duncan said. "Oh really? Well what exactly is your phobia Mr. Know It All?" Courtney said. Duncan immediately looked stressed. "Celine Dion music store standees" He said, a blush spreading across his face as he looked at me. "Haha exqueeze me? I didn't quite get that" Cody said. "Dude, did you say Celine Dion music store standees?" Trent asked. Duncan covered his eyes in fear. I chuckled and rubbed his back. "Oo, I love Celine Dion! What's a standee?" Lindsay said. "You know, that cardboard cutout thing that stands out in the music store" Trent said. "Don't say it dude!" Duncan said. "Kinda like a life sized but flat Celine" Trent said. "So, if we had a cardboard standee right now-" Courtney said. "SHUT IT! What about you guys?" Duncan asked. "Ok, well I hate mimes. Like a lot. What about you Y/n?" Trent said. I froze. I didn't wanna say my fears, but everyone else did. "I have 3 worst fears. The first is being left alone, second is holes clustered together. I have terrible trypophobia. Third is vomit, or bad food, or just anything in that general category." I said, looking down. "Looks like Y/n is a scaredy cat!" Cody said. "Alright Courtney, you're afraid of something. Spit it out." Trent said. I was grateful he changed the subject. "Nope, nothing" Courtney said.

The next morning Chris called us to the main cabin. "Campers, your next challenge is a little game I like to call Phobia Factor. Prepare to face your worst fears!" Chris said. No. No, no, no, no! I admitted to 3 fears... which meant they could possibly use all 3! I could've ran out of the cabin. Duncan must've noticed me getting tense because he started to massage my shoulder. "Worse than this?" LeShawna said, referring to the food. "We're in trouble" Gwen said. "Now, for our first victims, Heather! Meet us all in the theater. It's sumo time!" Chris said. Heather spit out her tea and it soaked Trent. "Gwen, you, me, the beach, a few tons of sand." Chris said. "Wait how did they know those were their worst fears?" Lindsay asked. "Ugh, because we told them" Gwen said. "At the campfire last night." Trent said, patting Gwen's back. "Wait they were listening to us?" Lindsay said. "It's a reality show Einstein. They're always listening to us." Gwen said. "That's like, eavesdropping!" Lindsay said. "Chef Hatchet! Didn't you have a special order here for Tyler today?" Chris said. Chef soon handed Tyler a deep fried chicken. He hesitantly took a bite. A live chicken popped out. Tyler screamed. Now Beth got to be covered by bugs. I held onto Duncan's shoulder. Beth bravely jumped in and scored a point. Lindsay and Sadie had to wear horrible wigs. Izzy and Owen went on an old plane for a flight. Harold got ambushed by ninjas in the bathroom. Chef "chased" LeShawna around in a spider costume. Heather had a face off with a sumo wrestler. She earned the Gophers a point. Bridgette had to stay in the woods for 6 hours. I really hoped she was ok. Poor Gwen got buried alive on the beach for 5 minutes. Trent got to have a walkie talkie to talk to her though. DJ had to touch a tiny little snake. Poor guy was being tortured by Courtney. Trent had to talk to a mime, but right now he was being chased by it. Cody went off to diffuse a time bomb in 10 minutes. Now it was time for Duncan to hug a Celine Dion standee. "It's ok Duncan. She's really pretty and nice." I said. "Just one hug and you're done" Chris said. "That looks really real man" Duncan said. "You don't have to do it. The team won't hate you" I said. I laced my fingers through his and smiled at him. "I'll try" He said. "You got it Duncan" I said. "Ok, ok..." He said. He ran up and hugged the music stand. "Good job Duncan!" I said, running up and hugging him. "I did it!" Duncan said. I smiled at him. "I don't think you'll be happy for much longer Y/n. It's your turn! You get to eat a plate of disgusting food, then spend 5 minutes in a room with wallpaper covered it holes! And you get to do it all... alone! You get to pick one person to go with you and wait outside" Chris said. I immediately looked at Duncan. He nodded and grabbed my hand as Chris led us to the room. "You'll be ok. I'll be right outside waiting for you ok? If it's too much you don't have to do it." Duncan said. I nodded. But I was gonna do it. Or at least try. Chris handed a bowl of some sort of slop. Just the smell of it made me nauseous. "Go in Y/n" Chris said. I looked back at Duncan one more time and went in. I sat down and quickly started to eat the slop. It was terrible but I just kept eating it. I thought I was gonna pass out by the time I finished it. I looked around. I started to feel lightheaded. I scooted into a corner and held my knees, rocking myself gently. I've never been so scared. I just imagined Duncan holding me in his arms, where I was safe. I closed my eyes and leaned my head against the wall. I heard a giant explosion and that didn't help. I started to cry. It very quickly became sobs. I didn't know how I hadn't been sick yet.

After what felt like years I heard a timer ring and the door unlock. I ran out of the room and immediately threw up. I felt someone start to rub my back and pull back my hair. When it finally passed I looked up to see Duncan. I buried my head into his chest and clung onto his shirt as I cried. "Easy, you're ok" He said soothingly. I looked up at him and he wiped the tears off my cheeks. "You're really brave doll" He said with a chuckle. I smiled at him and rested my chin on his shoulder. "Come on, let's head back. I'll give you a piggyback" He said. I smiled and stood up. I jumped on Duncan's back and we started to walk back. I let my mind daydream. Soon Duncan put me down. I saw a big tub of green jelly. I knew it was for Courtney. We walked up and DJ told us this was triple points. If Courtney did it, we would win. Courtney better do it. She was pressuring everyone else into facing their fears. She had to dive into the pool of jelly. She started to climb up the ladder. "I can't do it, I'm coming down" Courtney said. You have got to be kidding me. I don't know what got into me but I was pissed. "YOU'RE SERIOUSLY GOING TO FUCKING QUIT. YOU ARE SUCH A SELFISH ASSHOLE. YOU PRESSURED EVERYONE ON OUR TEAM TO FACE THEIR FEARS AND THEY ALL DID IT. YOU ARE PATHETIC" I screamed. Courtney didn't respond. She knew I was right. I stormed off. I didn't want to hear anymore.

I'm so embarrassed. How could I be so weak? I deserve to go home. Ugh, stop it, you're pathetic like Y/n said, show some confidence Courtney! Courtney said.

"There are only 2 marshmallows left on this plate. 3 of you did not complete your challenges today. One of you is going home tonight and cannot return. Ever. The next name I'm gonna call... is..... Bridgette" Chris said. I ran up and hugged her after she grabbed her marshmallow. Other than Duncan, Bridgette was my only friend. "The final marshmallow of the night goes to... Courtney" Chris said. "You'll get that chicken next time dude" Duncan said. Tyler didn't deserve to go home. "Looks like a new "pecking order" has been established here" Chris said. "It's not like he can cry foul" Duncan said. "Duncan stop it please.." I muttered. I was exhausted and I didn't wanna hear the chicken jokes. "Time for Tyler to fly the coop" Geoff said. "He won't be flying high tonight." Bridgette said. "Okay that's enough" I said.

Awwww I'll never forget our time together Taylor, uh, Tyler.. Bye! Lindsay said.

I walked back to the cabins after that. I plopped into bed and pulled the blankets over me. "You ok Y/n?" Duncan asked as he sat down on my bed. "Yeah.. just tired. Don't worry, you can lay down" I said. He smiled and laid down beside me. Duncan wrapped an arm around my waist but that was it. I think he could sense I was still mad. I grabbed Duncan's hand and played with his fingers until I fell asleep.

In the middle of the night someone woke me up. "Who is it?.." I said quietly, careful not to wake Duncan up. "It's Chef. I just wanted to say sorry for what Chris devised for the Phobia Factor game. It wasn't fair" He said before walking away. What?... I didn't know what was up with that dude. He was always so cold to everyone but then he was all nice to me... I sighed and went back to sleep.