Chapter 9

I woke up to see Duncan on the ground doing push ups. "Duncan what are you-" Before I could finish my sentence Duncan stopped and moved away from where he was. I looked in front of him to see a pair of dirty underwear. DJ and Geoff chuckled lightly. "Not cool Harold man. Not cool" Duncan said. "Those aren't mine" Harold said. "Oh right. You're always leaving your drawers lying around." Duncan said. I chuckled lightly. "No, I'm not. Gosh" Harold said. "Uh, yeah you are dude" Geoff said. "You have like, absolutely no proof" Harold said. "No one else wears that kind, dude." Geoff said. "And your mom sewed the name onto the label" DJ said. "Whatever, I'm going for a shower" Harold said. "Hey, don't forget to clean the skid maker" Duncan said. "I swear to god I am never sleeping in here again" I said. "I think Harold needs to be taught a lesson, boys. Who's with me?" Duncan said. They all agreed. I rolled my eyes. "Not a fan baby doll?" Duncan asked. "You guys are ridiculous" I said, hopping out of bed and going to get ready.

We all stood on the beach waiting for Chris to explain the challenge. "Today's challenge will test your minds, your teamwork, and your skills in the kitchen. You'll be cooking a three-course meal and serving it to me for tasting. The winners get a reward. The losers will send somebody home. Each team will appoint a head chef to create the theme of the meal and to oversee the cooking. To cook, you need ingredients. Every morning a truck brings us food. Today's task starts there." Chris said. A fucking dolphin was driving the bus. Could things get any weirder here? DJ and Geoff opened the truck. I immediately saw the ingredients to make one of my favorite types of food. "These are all quintessential Italian ingredients" I said. "Hello, head chef" Duncan said. "Yeah, didn't you mention that you cooked last night when we were all talking?" Geoff asked. I nodded. I always cooked to remind myself of my father. I don't know why, I guess I just liked to be still be connected with him. "Alright, let's get our things then" I said. We quickly gathered our ingredients and brought them to the kitchen. "Ok, do we have 3 courses and 7 people. DJ, Geoff, and Bridgette, why don't you do the appetizer. Harold, Courtney and Sadie can do the main course. Duncan and I will do the dessert. Sound cool?" I said. Everyone nodded. I had gone to get some things and I walked in to see Harold walking out with soaked pants. "Boys, not today. We're not loosing this challenge. If we do, it's technically my fault. No messing around" I said. DJ and Geoff nodded. Everyone started peacefully working. Geoff made a horrible attempt to flirt with Bridgette. I just ignored it. Our main tasks were making pasta sauce, cooking the pasta, and getting the pastry ready. I had Duncan roll our the pastry for me while I went to stir the custard. All of a sudden Harold walked in with these horrible underwear. "Ok, who took all my shorts?" Harold said. Geoff, DJ, and Duncan started to laugh. Chris came in to tell us we had 3 hours left and quickly rushed away. I understood why. "Geoff, Duncan, DJ. Cut it out. This isn't funny" I said angrily. Luckily our argument was solved when we all stared at LeShawna and Heather arguing. I quickly turned my attention to the custard. I put it in the fridge to cool the went to help Bridgette with the pasta sauce. I ignored anything in the background. "This is really good Bridgette!" I said with a smile. "Thanks!" She said with a smile. I turned around to see Harold sadly walking in with his pajamas on. "Nice jammies" Duncan said. "This is all I've got left. So if you sickos want to see me but naked, hit me with your best shot" Harold said. "Well, stop leaving your but bags all over the cabin, and we'll back off" Duncan said. "I told you it wasn't me." Harold said. "Well, I tried" Duncan said. "Hey guys, I made some sandwiches. We can chow down while we work" Geoff said. "Oh sweet! I'm seriously starving" Harold said, taking a bite. "This tastes like sweat and lotion... it's probably the worst sandwich ever" Harold said. Then he pulled out his briefs. "Gross!" He said. I was done. "I TOLD YOU 3 TO FUCKING STOP MESSING WITH HIM. YOU KNOW WHAT, GET OUT. IF YOU CAN'T BE USEFUL THEN MIGHT AS WELL NOT CROWD UP THE KITCHEN" I screamed. "Doll, it was just a joke. Calm do-" "DUNCAN IF ANYTHING YOU SHOULD BE THE ONE WHO UNDERSTANDS WHY I'M UPSET" I said. He was the only one who didn't have a guilty, apologetic look on their face. Realization must have hit him because his expression changed. "Y/n I'm sorry-" He said. "Just get out, please Duncan. DJ, Geoff, you can stay." I said. Duncan didn't argue. He walked out. Bridgette frowned at me and brought me into a hug. I hugged her before returning to my desserts. Everyone left me alone after that.