Chapter 16

I walked back in to the girls' cabin to see LeShawna and Gwen talking. "Girl you're got to put Trent out of your head" LeShawna said. "I know. I just miss him so much already." Gwen said. I didn't wanna hear the rest of the conversation. It was gonna make me feel awful all over again. I walked back to the boys cabin and laid down in Duncan's bunk without a word. "Babe it'll be fine. Just relax. We don't have much longer here. She'll live" Duncan said. I didn't respond. "Are you gonna make me drag you out of bed and make you go to the next challenge in your jammies?" Duncan said. I groaned and got up and went to change.

"Todays challenge is a good, old-fashioned game of hide-and-seek. You all get 10 minutes to hide before Chef Hatchet comes looking for you. With his military background and advanced degree in man hunting, he's uniquely qualified to make this game excruciatingly hard." Chris said. "What's with the water gun?" Duncan asked. He shut his mouth when a red lazer pointed at his forehead. "The lifeguard chair is home base. When he finds you, chef will try to spray you. If you escape his blast, you can try to run to home base. But if he catches you on your way, he'll douse you." Chris said. "Oooh, so we're gonna get splashed by a bit of water. Now I'm terrified." Duncan said. "Why don't you demonstrate Chef?" Chris said. At first it looked like Chef was gonna soak Duncan, but he ended up soaking Chris. "Not on me dude!" Chris yelled. "So how do we win this game?" Heather asked. "You've got 3 options. 1, don't get discovered in your hiding place, 2, run to home base before Chef blasts you, 3, once you've been caught, help Chef find other campers. Do any of those and you win invincibility. All clear? You get 10 minutes to hide, go!l Chris said. Duncan and I ran off together to find a hiding spot. DJ and Geoff joined us. We hid in this abandoned cave. We saw open coming in and Duncan quickly pulled him inside. "Whoa!" Owen said. "Shhh" Duncan said. "Hey guys, great hiding spot. Yeah!" Owen said. "Listen up guys. We're in trouble ok? There 6 chicks on the island and only 4 dudes. We have Y/n but she has Heather out for her." Duncan said. "I know. Nice odds!" Geoff said. Duncan slapped him. "No butt  brain, bad odds. If I noticed it, chances are that sooner or later they're gonna notice it too, and when they do, and when they do they're gonna pick us off one by one. We've gotta do something about it." Duncan said. "It's not like they're exactly getting along. Remember this morning? They beat each other up in the bathroom!" DJ said. "Well, I don't know dudes. Bridgette and me, we kinda hooked up. I don't feel right about joining an alliance without her." Geoff said. I felt my fists ball up. Did he just say he "hooked up" with Bridgette? I knew for a fact Bridgette considered them more than a hookup. "Let me tell you the truth about women. They're all sisters, and when push comes to shove, they're gonna stick together. Haven't you ever seen a chick flick before?" Duncan said. He was right. "Well yeah but—" Owen said. "Look man, how's the time, hike they don't see it coming, while we have the element of surprise." Duncan said. "Jeez, I'm just not sure." Owen said. Duncan hung him off a cliff as a threat. "Are you sure now?" Duncan asked. "Okay! Okay, okay! We'll form our own alliance!" Owen said. Duncan let Owen go. In reality, the  "cliff" was just a little ledge. "Wow Duncan. Juvie really made you a scary dude" Owen said. "Mmm, most of the time he is" I did with a chuckle. Duncan gave me a glare. "You can't stay mad at me for long" I said with a smirk. His eyes softened. We went back into the cave. "Good. Now that we've all agreed, let's unite and save our burrs from elimination." Duncan said. Everyone except Geoff agreed. "Uh are you in dude?" Duncan asked. Geoff reluctantly put his hand in. "Oh, I am so psyched! A dudes' alliance. I love it. It's so manly yeah! Come here!" Owen said, giving us all kisses. "Owen you forgot about me." I said with a chuckle. "Oh, sorry Y/n" Owen said. "If you wanna stay in this alliance you better not be kissing my girl. She's for me to kiss" Duncan said with a growl. "Ok, it's cool" Owen said, putting his hands up. "Alright now clear out." Duncan said. "What?" Geoff said. "I was here first dude. This is my hiding spot. Y/n can stay, only because we have important stuff to talk about though" Duncan said. I nodded lightly and the guys left. Duncan sat on the floor next to me and put an arm around my shoulder. "You doing ok doll face?" Duncan asked. I shrugged. "Look I know a lot of stuff is going on right now, but you can talk to me about it"  Duncan said. "I don't know if I can trust Chef or not. I mean he says I'm his kid, but what if he's not, or what if his story isn't true? And I ruined Trent and Gwen's relationship so I feel like an asshole-" "Hey, you were trying to be a good friend. And as for Chef, it's almost over. We're gonna be leaving here soon. I'll help you figure it out." Duncan said. "Thanks Duncan. I love you." "I love you too" Duncan said. I smiled and placed a passionate kiss on his lips. After that we just laid there for a while. Until Chef and all the other campers found us. He picked Duncan and I up by the shirt "Alright already you got us! Sheesh!" Duncan said as he tried to get out of Chef's grasp. "I guess that's everyone then" Geoff said. "What about LeShawna?" Owen said. "LeShawna? But I searched everywhere. The water!" Chef said. I immediately sprinted to the beach. I needed this invincibility. I frowned as I saw LeShawna sitting in the lifeguard post. "What took you so long sugar?" LeShawna asked. We all cheered for her and rushed over. "All righty campers, game's over. Time to pick the loser and send them home." Chris said.