Twenty-Two.

[A/N: Me: I'm over this book.
Also me: *updates 3x back to back*
In conclusion: I be lying 🤍]

Enjoy!

_______________________________

22.

"Hello, TikTok live! My name is Lotus Maraj, as you all already know. I cannot disclose my age but I thought I would chat with my fans today. My mommy doesn't know I'm on here though, so don't say anything." Lotus said, whispering the last part.

She sat up in her bed with her iPad propped up against one of her pink fluffy throws.

"Thank you for all the gifts and comments,
all—six. Six, zero, two. Six hundred and two of you. I can't read all of you guys comments but I can read numbers, and a few three and four letter words, thanks to my amazing tutor." Lotus insured, making sure to thoroughly enunciate each number.

"Do I l-ike, like cake? Yes! I love cake. My favorite flavors are strawberry and lemon. Drop a 1 for strawberry and drop a 2 for lemon in the comments! Let me know which of the two, you prefer."

Lotus seen majority 1's in her live comments, making her giggle, seeing the obvious results.

"Y'all have taste! Purrr! I have to go soon but I can answer a few more questions before my mom brings in my food."

"D-Do I h-a-ve, have pets? No I don't have any pets such as, dogs and cats but I have an aquarium of different types of fish downstairs. I'll do a tiktok about them. They're so cute. I even have Nemo!"

"Lotus!!! Why is your door locked?!" Onika shouted from outside of Lotus' room, jiggling the door handle.

"I have to go guys. Be on the look out for three new videos dropping today. Okay? Bye." She said lowly, bringing the camera closer to her face.

Lotus turned off the live, locking her iPad back. She climbed out of her queen sized bed, making her way to unlock the door.

"Coming mommy!"

Once the door was opened, she was presented with a irritated Onika.

"Lotus you know we don't lock doors in this house."

"Sorry mommy. I was changing my clothes and wanted some privacy."

"Girl what privacy? I still bathe you." Onika responded, folding her arms.

Lotus shrugged. "But I'm a big girl. Not a baby, anymore."

"Oh word? Okay. I guess I won't carry you downstairs then." Onika said turning on her heels to leave.

"Wait! Wait! No!! I'm still a baby. See! Googoo gaga!" Lotus exaggerated, with her arms up.

Onika chuckled picking her daughter up anyway.

••••
Onika POV
3:05 p.m.

I'm currently leaving my therapy appointment, which went really well, as usual. Dr. Lathan gave me a couple exercises to practice and add on to my daily routine.

One being, speaking and writing down an positive affirmation everyday. Once in the morning and once before bed. She said that my morning sets the tone for my day and that if I speak more positive things, that I will attract positivity back.

My tongue can be just as powerful as my thoughts and that I should be more careful of what message I'm send out to the universe.

She also wants Beyoncé to come to my next session. I agreed that I would discuss it with her but it's not an guarantee.