Chapter Five

Arya's POV

"What if we can be more than best friends?" she asked me in my ear, her voice tickling my ear drums. I then sighed, grabbing her waist gently and moved her off of me. I then got up from the sofa and walked over to the door, opening it before leaving. "I guess it will come naturally..." I heard a sad Lessie tell herself as I was going upstairs to the bathroom. I let out a deep sigh as I closed the bathroom door behind me and couldn't help but to be amazed by the modern beauty of it. I undressed myself, before I got into the large white tub and turned on the shower. 

A couple of long minutes later, I got out of the shower and wrapped myself in a towel. I then went towards the door and opened it, revealing Lessie. "Just wanted to let you know that I went to your apartment quickly and grabbed your clothes since you will be living here from now on. The rent has been taken care of too." she told me. "Okay, thank you, I guess." I said, before I left the bathroom for her to use the shower. My neck was sore, but I dealt with it. 

I went into the room where we first woke up and saw the pile of my clothes on the bed. I closed the door for privacy to change. After getting dressed, I placed the rest of my clothes in a old wardrobe since there was no dresser in sight. I then decided to go back downstairs to sit in the open dining room.  "Just in time." Edna chuckled, causing me to look up to see her bringing a plate of food towards me. It was just some simple ham sandwiches. 

"Thanks." I told her, watching her place it down on the table then sat down in front of me. This wasn't creepy at all...

I began to eat my sandwiches and avoided eye contact with Edna. Then, Lessie sat down next to me and also began to watch me eat. Once I ate the first sandwich, I turned to look at Lessie. "You were a human about two hours ago now. Why are you like this?" I asked her.

"Like what?" she asked me.

"I'm not saying it when she is literally right there." I replied, referring to Edna. "So, nothing happened in the living room?" Edna decided to ask us, speaking up. I stared at Lessie, begging her quietly to not say anything...

"Well, something did happen. We both felt this sparkly feeling." she told her. For fuck sake...

"Yeah, that's true." I gave in, telling her the truth. "That's wonderful to hear. So, do you both feel anything towards me?" she asked us another question. 

"I do." Lessie told her easily. "Just because you almost kissed her, doesn't mean that you feel anything towards her. You barely fucking know her." I cut into her response. "Arya!" Lessie said my name in a telling off tone. 

"What is the real reason, Edna? Why are we here?" I ended up confronting Edna, standing up from the chair.

"Mates."

"Excuse me?" 

"You are my two beautiful mates."