Chapter Nineteen

Arya's POV

"You okay?" Edna asked me in a soft tone, wrapping her arm around me in comfort as I stared out into the garden, which was like a mini jungle. I could see three graves up on a green hill. Once Edna saw what I was staring at, she quickly closed the curtains. "We won't end up like them. They were corrupted." she told me. Then, Lessie joined us and wrapped her arm around me too. "It's just shocking that they used to live in this very fucking house." I said, before Edna let out a small sigh. "I'm sorry that you saw their spirits. They weren't fully laid to rest as they drank poison together. Myra and Samantha did, not Skylar. She died due to the corruption in her mind." she told me another part of the incredibly sad story. "If we keep on talking about it, I will get nightmares." I said to her.

"We will stop talking about it then, babe." Edna said, before she moved her arm away to go somewhere. "Where are you going?" Lessie asked her, "Kitchen." Edna simply responded, "I will be back up shortly."

"Now I know why I can't really go outside. Bad stuff happened out there." I said to Lessie, "Yeah, I know we can't do much but we mainly got each other." she told me. I smiled at that, "That's true." I told her back before I kissed her on the cheek. But wait a second...her skin felt damp. 'Glossy'. Nah, I must be imagining things. 

A few minutes later, I was eating some sandwiches made by Edna. "I know this is a weird question to ask, but can I touch your skin?" I asked Edna. "Go ahead." she replied. I touched the side of her cheek, my eyes widening a little to find out that I wasn't imagining it. Shit, shit, triple shit...

Did they know that the third blood moon was coming?

Or did they not know?

Time to see in a couple of days...