Happy, Happier, Happiest (2) - Nam Joo Hyuk

"Joo Hyuk-ah!"

"Joo Hyuk-ah!"

The tall man stops talking with the groups and waves as his eyes finally catch the sight of her. "Quick," he mouths, gesturing his hand again.

Min Jeong walks faster. When she notices who he is talking with, she immediately bows and greets them. They exchange glances for a moment before he politely smiles again to them.

"Sunbaenim, she's the new lawyer I've been talking about. She's been practicing for almost 6 months?"

"6 months." she confirms.

The ederly people nods, "Which law firm are you presenting?"

"Bae, Kim & Lee LLC," she sheepishly tells them with an awkward smile. The reaction of the name of one of the biggest law firms in Korea makes them nod in awe.

"It must be a tough competition to get there. You're in the best place. What's your name again?"

"Min Jeong, Song Min Jeong."

"Min Jeong-ssi, it's going to be tougher after this. Good luck."

"Thanks, Sunbaenim. Can I address you like that?"

"Of course!"

Joo Hyuk looks at their interaction with a smile never leaving his lips. How her freshly cut see through bangs bobs at how hard she nods at their words. He can tell that she is holding herself for not smiling widely, instead his smile gets wider each second.

"Joo Hyuk said that you go to Sungkyunkwan?" One of the youngest seniors, seems to be in her mid 30 years.

"Yes, Sunbaenim. Min Jeong and I are in the same year."

She nods in such a slow motion, eyeing her from head to toe which involuntarily makes her a little intimidated yet uncomfortable. "Joo Hyuk has been with us for 3 years already. Min Jeong-ssi, this is surely going to be tough for you, right? Representing the best law firm should be such a burden too."

Joo Hyuk mentally facepalmed himself for forgetting this one. She's famous for her sharp comments and bold attitude. Biting his lower lip, he looks over to Min Jeong who slightly looks shocked but quickly manages to stay calm.

"Absolutely, Sunbaenim. Please keep your eyes on me too, that would be such an honor for me."

He warily looks at the senior who scoffs at her 'challenging' answer. Sensing the tense, the oldest takes the initiative to excuse themselves.

"See you at the court, Min Jeong-ssi."

"Of course,"

Both of them bows as they watch them leave the scene. The entrance of the court isn't really crowded as usual, so they wait until they are out of sight until they decide to break the silence.