Passing Crush - Woo Do Hwan

a/n: the whole passing crush happens to me recently (plus from my wildest dream and imagination ofc, not everything here is 100%). So I really take everything slow in this one, very carefully. Just want to share a bit moment with whoever reads this story 😊 

---

"Are you sure? You're just going to stand by the bleachers."

Ji Ho nods, "Let's go! Aren't you supposed to be there by 7?"

Jung Woo looks at his girlfriend with questioning eyes. The idea of her tailing him to his basketball game is slightly annoying. He already imagines how tired he would be after the game and how he needs to drop her off at her house by midnight.

Ji Ho notices his deep sigh. Deep down, she knows that he doesn't want her to be there. She isn't the clingy type either. But these days, as she feels that he keeps distancing himself, she really has to do something with it. Every time she wants to tell what's bugging her head, he seems never in his state of mind. Whether he is busy with his work or just busy with his phone when they are alone.

"Your friends are here!"

Jung Woo shifts his attention to the direction she is pointing at. Woo Seok and Do Hwan are waving back as they approach closer. Ji Ho grins at the sight of Woo Seok frowning playfully, probably questioning her presence here. Then, Do Hwan shows his signature side smile at her sight when they lock eyes as her grin turns wider. As the boys exchange bro-hugs, they turn to Ji Ho.

"Please tell me you are here to bring food. Please, please." Woo Seok clasps his hands together, feeling hungry anytime.

"Even if I do bring something, I wouldn't let you eat."

His face flattens and looks at Jung Woo, "Send her home now."

Ji Ho rolls eyes at him and finds Do Hwan is smiling at her as Jung Woo and Woo Seok start discussing last night's match.

"I heard Hyundai Green Food is going to expand to Europe?" Do Hwan opens up a small conversation.

"Wow! Hold up, where have you heard about this? That was just announced at the town hall earlier this week."

He chuckles, "Where else?"

Ji Ho shakes her head, knowing what he means. "I swear that website is supposed to be on the dark side on the internet or somewhere."

"We need news like that."

"Yeah, like I know how Lotte is moving forward to take over the Asian market so Hyundai decides to go to another part of the globe to expand their business."

"Well, someone is making her research quite good."

"Where else?" She copies his answer as they both laugh.

"Do Hwan, change your shirt. We're going first!"

Both of them turn their attention to Woo Seok who has already changed his shirt and Jung Woo who looks nonchalantly at her before turning his eyes to the field. Ji Ho feels something drop on her stomach at his reaction. Do Hwan, who has been watching their odd interaction, finally notices something is different with them today. Nonetheless, it's not his place to ask anything about it.

"You're going to wait here?"

Ji Ho looks up, nodding. "I bring my book." She lifts her bag a little.

"Careful, the ball might knock your head out of the blue."

"Ha ha, funny, Do Hwan Oppa."

He scoffs, "Don't call me that just to mock me," he warns, knowing her attention as she always refuses to address Jung Woo's friends like that. Turning to the side, he starts to take the hem of his shirt to take it off. Ji Ho turns her head to the opposite side as she sees a glimpse of his skin, giving the privacy he might or might not need.