What Do You Want? - Ahn Hyo Seop

"I can make the best bomb shot

"I can make the best bomb shot."

Ahn Hyo Seop, placing his glass to her side with the corner of his lips tugged upward, forming a small smile. Han Ye Seul who was already a bit lightheaded with her previous drink, pouring liquid to another four glasses including his.

"How is life?"

"Great," he paused, and she gave a knowing look with a dead-pan face. "It's bearable." He fixed his words.

Ye Seul sighed and nodded, understanding how it feels because God knows that she felt now.

They both fell into a good silence and enjoyed the taste that the drink gave. It felt easier to gulp down the alcohol to their system and feel drunk after that does not sound so bad. Hyo Seop looked up to see how Ye Seul fixed her eyes on her glass with her half lid eyes. After a few attempts for the past couple months, convincing her to meet him again after the last few years he finally succeeded. It was not easy for him either to find her again since he arrived in Korea. She moved out from her old house, he didn't know where she works or whatsoever. It was his luck that he came across one of her best friends one day when he visited his old neighborhood.

He knew the fact that her friends were trying their best to hide Ye Seul from him. But he also knew best that they knew it was best for him to meet her in the end.

To finish and explain everything that ever happened between them.

"You know, I really thought that I will be success once I left my stable job." She sighed, swaying her glass between her thumb and forefinger. Her eyes focused on the movement. "At the same time, I really like where I am right now. I do what I love, write. But I know I can't make as much as I did."

"At least you do what you love, right?"

"That was what I thought." She chuckled then gulped down her second glass. Her eyes darted towards the untouchable glass in front of him. "Aren't you going to drink that?"

"If you're going to get drunk tonight at least I'm trying to be the sober one here."

She nodded, blowing raspberry. "More for me then," she said as she took his glass. However, before she could gulp it down, he stopped her by grabbing the glass. His long fingers brushed against hers on accident. He couldn't help but to feel something stirred up inside him when his skin made contact with hers. Something that he hadn't felt for a while.

His eyes darted towards the glass then pulled it away from her grip. "I didn't say that one glass can make me drunk." Before she could say anything, he gulped half of the alcohol down.

"I don't think your life is as miserable as I do."

"What makes you think that?"

She exhaled deeply as she shrugged. "You always did your best since high school. Even though it has been well, 5 years since we talked but I think you are better than me. You always do."