Change of Feeling - Woo Do Hwan

“Did you like the movie?’

I tried so hard to dye down my laughter. “It was so funny.” I said breathlessly, wiping the tears away. My eyes still fixed on the laptop which had the sharing screen on through the Skype.

“I told you, you won’t regret it.” He said again over the line. I could picture that he was smiling through the whole words.

I didn’t know how this starts. Earlier in the noon, we were assigned to be in a group where we should do some kind of modelling business for next week presentation. Woo Do Hwan, was the Seoul guy who always hang in group with another Seoul guys. I thought it was already his circle or something since High School. Meanwhile someone like me who actually came from a far -not too far but well, Daegu didn’t get the spotlight as a city like Seoul did. I always hung out with another people who came from the suburb, most likely from someone who was not from Seoul. Of course, Woo Do Hwan certainly was not on my friend lists.

How could I know him?

Actually it started with the beginning of the university life. It was orientation day and my eyes caught someone attractive from a far. Jang Woo Young; he was the definition of perfect in my dictionary. He was tall, handsome, got charming smile and he seemed to be an outgoing person. Later that I observed, Woo Do Hwan was in the same group with the guy I had crush on. So yeah, basically since my crush was always on my radar, unknowingly I knew every single name of his friends already by now. It was almost 3 years since then.

It was a bit disappointing to know that I was in group with his friend but not my crush. I knew Woo Do Hwan usually skipped the class. I saw his name on the absence but never his presence. He was totally the opposite of Woo Young. Woo Young never skipped his class. Even though it looked like he never paid attention at class, he always got the perfect score.  We studied business and seemed he was the only one here who actually applied it sooner than everyone. He started his own business which made me went swooning over him as I got to know this.

When Do Hwan came over to my seat and introduced himself, his face reminded me of a Ceshire Cat. However he didn’t give the creepy vibe but rather the opposite. He looked like someone who always had fun in his entire life. Since he got another class and I also had promise with my friend today, we decided to start with our work tonight on Skype.

And there we were, discussing about the materials and subjects. I thought it would be so awkward to speak on the phone with him since I wasn’t born with an outgoing trait. However, it was really easy for him to break the ice and there we were now, sharing screen and watched the movie together.

"It’s strange that I feel my head is aching right now.”

“To be honest, I felt it since the beginning of the movie. Now that it was over, it starts to come back again.” I said while looking at the time on the screen. “Oh my God, tell me I see it wrong.”