Summer Holiday - Nam Joo Hyuk

“Are you going to swim, Son Hee?”

Son Hee looked at the water pool and shrugged. “I think I’ll pass.”

“Aw, come on. We already got this far and you already changed into you swimsuit!” her friend pointed the fact and made her squirmed uncomfortably at her group gaze on her body. Her swimsuit reveals her skin more than she intended to and she regretted her choice for that. The sounds of people screamed at the sliding made her jump in surprise. Sure enough the waterpark was seems to be the best choice for hanging out, that was why she voluntary agreed to join. But then again, she always forgot her weakness whenever she was too excited about something.

She hated being in the crowd and slightly afraid of heights. Not that she had phobia with it but if she had to choose, she prefer to be outside the frame.

“Well, it looks like we’re not the only one who choose this place to hang out. Look.”

All the six of them looked towards the direction he was pointing to. It was Nam Joo Hyuk, the swim athlete of their school was there with two of his friends.

“Oh!” one of his friends was the first one who acknowledge them waved at their directions. The boys on her group waved back and later on, all of them decided to approached them.

“Fancy meeting you guys here.” The guys chortled.

“It would be a shame if we meet at water pool. Glad it’s a water park so there will be no need to show you guys our poor swim techniques.”

The three athletes chuckled and chatted with each other. The girls giggled with each other for such a rare opportunity to be able have conversations to the group that actually brought value to their school name. But not with Son Hee, she only responded whenever she was asked and prefer to glance warily at the pool crowd.

“So, you guys arrived way early before us so why none of you drenched yet?”

“Well, we’re trying to get our friend here to enter the pool.” one of her fried nudged Son Hee side, making the girl yelped.

“Why, Son Hee? Do you not like the water?” It was Joo Hyuk who actually asked out of his curiosity, making the girl stammered.

“N-No! It isn’t that.” She shook her head.

“Well, why we don’t try to jump off and make our summer holiday worth?” Joo Hyuk’s friends exclaimed and the thrilled spread the group in instant.

“Let’s go!”

The 8 of them, excluding Son Hee was running towards the pool and jumped. However, Joo Hyuk being curious, he looked back and approached her.

“Let’s go, let’s go.” He said eagerly.

“No, you go play on your own.” She denied.

Surprisingly, he grabbed her wrist and pulled her with him. His grip was firm but he made sure he didn’t hurt her.

“No, please, Joo Hyuk!” She exclaimed, trying to pull back. Meanwhile the others were encouraging whatever Joo Hyuk was going to do with her from the pool.

“Come on, trust me.” He smiled encouragingly, showing his perfect teeth.

“Joo Hyuk, please. I’m going in when I want to. I promise!” She tried to pull her hand again.

Joo Hyuk shook his head in disbelief and pulled her towards him. “Now, it’s time to—woah!”

At his strong pull, in instinct she pulled back almost as strong as him which made him lost his footing. They were almost at the edge of the pool which made him automatically pulled her along with him and went down to the water. At the spur moment, she let out a shrieked and let her body being pulled at the strong grip. She wasn’t ready to face the water yet but then again she couldn’t even control herself for not going down.