Blood

/GEORGE/
I kick back on the couch and listen to the shouting upstairs, I knew it would end like this and he hasn't even told him yet.

This is stupid, it should be easy as to tell someone who has given you permission that you are sleeping with someone.

Even if that someone is your best friend.

It's cute the way Nick gets all soft around me. It's not cute, it's adorable.

He's like a little puppy, all yappy with Clay but just wants to be around me all the time.

He's my little bitch, you could say.

I have to admit, I've had a few little bitches but they haven't been like Nick.

I have a naturally small body so I girls like me, I have a naturally feminine appearance so men like me.

To be honest, I'm not into men. I'm straight, but the way things are going I could easily be bi. I used to always lead men on then do nothing just to mess with them a little, make them question themselves.

I tried doing that with Nick but I fell. God I fell.

I poured my whole heart into that one bruise because I doubt I'll get another chance.

The atmosphere is surprisingly happy, even with the background shouting from upstairs.
———
Clay walks downstairs with Nick in tow, Clay looks like he's tired out of his mind, I mean utterly exhausted.

Nick just looks sad.

"I'm guessing you told him then."

Clays eyes widen and he shakes his head,"No"

"Told me what?"

"I'm fucking him" I point at the blonde and Nick stops.

He crosses his arms and stares at the back of Clays head, no sadness, just general shock. See, I told you it's not that hard.

"Since when?"

"Like last week. A few times a week"

Clay is silent the whole time.

"Alex said you're straight" Nick states.

Alex?

"Who's Alex?"

"Alexis, you guys were friends apparently?"

"Holy shit. You know Ali?"

"Ali?" Clay pipes up.

"Yeah, Ali, we still talk almost everyday. Moved up state?"

"Yeah, that one"

"Small world, but I honestly don't know if I'm straight or not. I love girls, but there's something about... Clay..."

Part of me wants to say Nick. Tell Nick that he's the reason I'm banging his boyfriend, I just want to be around him all the time.

Clay awkwardly shuffles towards the door, "I'm just gonna walk home"

We say goodbye and I just look at Nick on the stairs.

"So you are having sex with him then?"

I nod.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

I shrug.

He walks down next to me and stands over the couch, crossing his arms and laying them in the back of it. We lock eye contact and my heart races.

I just love everything about him.

God he's perfect.

"Why are you okay with Clay and I hooking up?"

He's silent.

"I'm not. No- I am. I'm not into the whole sex thing myself and Clay is so I guess he can do whatever he wants"

"Oh"

"Yeah"

"So you would never...?"

"I don't know. I might once with a guy and once with a girl to see if I even am asexual. Like- I make sure it's not just the fact I haven't done it before so I don't know if it's actually good or not"

"That makes sense. But why with a girl if you're fully gay?"

"Same reason, how do I know I don't like girls when I've only ever been with men?"

The silence goes on for longer then either of us wanted as we stare into each others eyes, I'm trying way too hard not to let myself wander to his lips.

"I was kinda angry with you earlier"

"Why?"

"Ale- Ali said you were straight. I thought you flirted with me because it was your thing"

"It is."

"So you just did it because you could?"

"I usually do it when I'm sober. I would've had the nerve to go for you"

He laughs a little, biting his lip and it bleeds slightly,"what do you mean?"

His lip starts bleeding heavier, he must've nicked it hard.

"I wouldn't have had the nerve to flirt with you without a few drinks"

"Why's that"

I blush. I can feel it. I also feel a little drop of crimson blood fall from his mouth and onto my cheek.

"Oh shit sorry-" he reaches down to wipe it off my face but holds his hand on my cheek, his finger on the blood as another drop falls.

It lands just beside my lips, almost like a kiss.

From his to mine.

A drop of blood shared.
———