Nick

/CLAY/
Nick has been by my side for as long as I can remember. He means the world to me and I can't imagine what I would do without him.

Jesus I could rant about this boy forever, I could rant about his lopsided grin, the way his hair falls over his eyes, the way he sounds like a child when he giggles- he's just perfect in every way.

I especially like the sound of his voice, he sounds like he's from somewhere else and you can tell but he sounds Floridian enough to pass.

It's a little raspy but in the sexy way, like-

It's not raspy in the smoker aunt way but more in the learned way.

He was brought up around it, I know his dad quit smoking years ago and his voice is very raspy and you can hear a strong accent when he speaks.

Nicks voice lands right in the middle, not child like, not elderly.

He just sounds like Nick.

And I love Nick.
———

We all sit on a park bench awkwardly, we share a cigarette and a bottle of whatever I swiped from the gas station.

It's in another language but I'm guessing it's gin, it burns so good.

"I feel like we've all had this conversation with each other a million times but not all together" Nick makes eye contact with me and smiles at George when he says this.

"It's weirder then I thought it would be" George mumbles.

Nick takes a drag and blows it out his nose.

"But I think we don't even need to have it; it was pretty much happening unofficially anyway. We couldn't stop it" I point out and they all nod in agreement.

"I think then all we need to do is like- make it happen officially" George speaks.

"Yeah" Nick agrees.

We go back to silence and as each of us try to muster up the words we want to say I reach down for the alcohol.

A baseball smashes into it making me jump and look up.

"Hey, asshole! I paid for that!" I shout and George laughs.

"We all know you didn't Clay"

I blush and scratch my neck with a chuckle,"yeah..."

I take a second look at the person who hit the ball and stop.

"Hey isn't that Wilbur?" Nick asks before me.

George looks up and squints his eyes,"maybe. I didn't know he played baseball"

The cigarette is passed to me and I smile, craving the nicotine.

It's silence again and I groan.

"Why can't we just have a conversation like normal humans?! Do you guys want to do polyamory or what?"

They both look at me with puppy eyes and nod.

"There, that wasn't that hard, was it?" I look to the right of me and Nick is trying to control himself, trying not to beam with joy.

I look across from me to see George similar and I can't help but crack a sheepish grin with them.

We all laugh at nothing but each others faces until the cigarette is finished and I stomp it on the ground.

When I look back up I see George kiss Nick carefully on the cheek and then giggle, all excited.

"You two are adorable, maybe I should just let you two be and I go kill myself or something"

They don't laugh.

I'm hurt, I just wanted to make a joke, I wouldn't actually.

"Calm down" I shake my hands in the air a bit.

"Let's go get some more drink, I'm thirsty and not drunk enough"

I nod and offer my hands to both of them, pulling them up out of their seats then wrapping my arms around their shoulders.

I kiss them both and head down the pathway again to a different shop, we would look suspicious if we went to the same one twice.
———