Chapter 2: Bombs Away!

3rd P.O.V.
In a room sat three women. As the they were holding their cup of tea, a woman named Illustrious said, "Hood and the others should be joining us here shortly."

The woman in red known as Prince of Wales turned with a worried expression and asked, "Is someone keeping an eye on the Ironblood? Where are they currently." Illustrious replied as she looked at her cup of tea, "There's a temporary lull for lack of a better description, but the more pressing matter-"

"Sakura empire, right?" Wales said finishing Illustrious' sentence. Illustrious nods. "If Sakura Empire is making a move, this base will become one of the hottest fronts. Reinforcing it now would be a logical defense." Wales said.

"True. But why wage a such a meaningless conflict?" Illustrious worriedly said. Wales turns facing the window and replied, "Warfare stays the same no matter the era. It's reason we were even brought to existence."

Up on the cliff David, Nicci, Natalya were still confused upon where they were. David was checking the planes' compartments for damages, Nicci was frantically pacing mumbling how they weren't in their homes while Natalya was analyzing the base.

"David, could you come here for a second?" Natalya turned and called David. David closed the hatch on the wing containing a fuel tank and walked to Natalya. She turned back to base below and said, "Have you ever watched Azur lane?" He looked at her curiously and replied, "No. You do remember, I spent my whole childhood without electronics, right?"

She nodded and said, "Yeah, but since you had a laptop, I just thought you must've watched it at some point." David only shook his head in disagreement.

Natalya and David walked to a pacing Nicci and calmed her down. She whispered something to her ear. As Nicci heard what her sister had told her eyes widened in disbelief. She looked at her and nodded confirming it.

David P.O.V.
I was standing in front of the twins as they whispered to each other. I was confused when Nic's eyes suddenly widened and looked at Nat only for her to nod. They both looked at me with a worried look. I raised a brow wondering what it is.

Nat took a deep breath and said, "David, what you're about to hear is completely going to sound surreal and ridiculous. But, we are in the animated adaptation of the game Nic and I play, Azure Lane."

Hearing her say that, baffled me. "Let me get this straight, the game, you and Nicci play, a game, which girls, use ships from World War 2, as equipment, to defeat an alien race, called the sirens, is where we're at? As in, right now?!" I said as they hesitantly nod.

I threw my arms up in the air and walked toward the planes and said, "Unbelievable, just great! How the hell, am I supposed to survive in an island filled with girls who have never probably seen a man before?" Well, they're not all that bad, right sis?" Nicci said reassuring me as Natalya nodded.

I shook my head and before I could approach my Corsair, "Harbinger" a bomb exploded in front of us.

3rd P.O.V.
A black plane roared past the teens and headed back to the ocean. As they slowly stood up from the explosion, their ears rang, their vision obscured and were stunned. The crater was ablaze just a few feet from the planes. David looked behind him, seeing a fleet of ships similar to the modern Zumwalt-class destroyers and Amagi-class and Tōsa-class aircraft carriers.

At the harbor below, pillars of water, plumes of smoke, some ships were on fire, and craters filled the piers as a battle took place near the base. As the David saw this, he grits his teeth and ran to his corsair. As he ran, the twins called out to him, but to no avail.

He took off his coat and put it underneath his seat. He started the engines, set the flaps to full. as the engine heated up, he pushed the throttle up and took off to the skies, as the landing gears retracted concealed beneath the wings. As they saw the inverted gull-winged fighter flew off into the fray.

Natalya looked at the SBD-5 loaded with two 100 lb. bombs on each wing and a 500 lb. bomb beneath the fuselage. Determined, she took her sister by the arm and ran to the dive bomber. "Wha-What are you doing!?" Nicci asked taken by surprise by her sister. As they boarded the plane with Nicci at the back and Natalya at the pilot's seat, she found a glowing blue cube.

As she picked it up, the cube dissolved into smaller cubes and disappeared. She looked in front of her and saw the propellers turning rapidly. The dashboard was simplified. A settings icon was set on the top left, the speedometer on the left, the altimeter on the right, and switches for the landing gear, bomb release on the wings, and diving flaps. Seeing this relieved her, as she had no flying experience. She pushed the throttle forward and took off. Flicking landing gear switch up, the wheels and flaps raised and pulled up to avoid enemy fire.

Meanwhile with David, he and his aircraft were dancing with the modern-like aircrafts. Guns flash on the corsair's wings as the planes ignite into a fireball diving into the sea or to its allied ships. After he finished the remaining squadron, bullets whizzed past him. Japanese A6M Zero's nearly shot him as the planes flew past him. He wasted no time and chased down the zeroes.

Nicci P.O.V.
I'm currently sitting at the back of David's plane, "Diving Betty". I looked in front of me, the instruments were only an old ammunition counter, flares, and an altimeter - if I remember correctly what David said - with a counter that resembles an old odometer.

I looked below and saw the battle between Azur Lane and Sakura Empire with a fleet of Mass-produced siren ships. "Shouldn't we help?" I shouted out to Natalya. I noticed a radio beside me. Before I could do anything, the plane started to descend.

Natalya P.O.V.
I pushed the stick down making a steep descend straight at the giant nine-tailed fox. "Nat! What are you doing?!" Nicci screamed from behind. "Don't worry I saw this in the movie." I replied as I opened the diving flaps. I briefly glanced to see Nicci covering her eyes in fear.

I looked back at the windshield and shouted back, "Nicci if you want to live, I suggest you tell me the altitude!" There was a brief silence then, "Three thousand!" Nicci shouted back. As we descended she counted down our altitude until, "Fifteen hundred!"

With that, I flicked the bomb release switch and with all my strength I pulled up to avoid crashing.

3rd P.O.V.
As the dive bomber recovered from their dive. The plane's wing tip, slightly touching the water leaving a small mist as it flew past the fox. The bomb whistled as it rapidly dived. As the fox looked up, the bomb exploded on its back.

It groaned in pain as fire emerged from its back. The sisters circled the island. After the battle has been won with a woman named Enterprise defeating the white robed aircraft carrier, Kaga. They sailed away as they, the Crimson Axis, declared war on Azur lane.

Meanwhile withEnterprise, Illustrious, Wales and Cleveland glide up to her. "Enterprise,thank you for that dive bomber. Without it surely Unicorn would in gravedanger." Illustrious said as she stood confused as she recalled, shedidn't command any dive bombs. Her radio buzzed to life as a static voicespoke, "Does-one-er?"