Chapter 25: The Kerfuffle

Natalya P.O.V.

I stood looking over the bridge's balcony with my arms on the rails. I still can't believe my sister would tie up David, just for her plan! I know she can be a little overboard, but that was too much. Right now, she's constructing EMP Shells aboard Saratoga's ship. I didn't want to meddle any further before it becomes ugly.

As I looked over the balcony with the salty breeze blowing in my face, I could see barrels raised to the heavens, bombers and fighters tied to the decks of the carries, a flotilla of warships steadily sailing, cutting through the blue waves; ready to sink the monstrous black dragon of the seas.

As I watched the ships sail, I heard the ship's sirens wail. "Battle Deck, Battle Deck! Bring up the barrier." I looked below and saw some girls dragging two steel cables to either end of the deck runway. I looked to my left and saw a small dot approaching. I went inside, grabbed a pair of binoculars and saw something I thought I'll never see in my life.

Nicci's plane was flying. Somehow it had managed to fly five thousand miles from headquarters. Before I could jump around and celebrate I noticed something wrong. The propellers were idle. It was gliding! I ran up to the bridge and saw the others watching as it approached. "Does anyone know who's flying it?" I asked around the room. "It was David!" Helena replied rushing to the balcony.

We rushed out small steel box and saw the plane approaching. The nose slightly lifted up, flaps up, tricycle gears down, 50 degree left angle, and light turns correcting its direction. Across the deck, I noticed the cruisers, destroyers and carriers were crowded with girls from the union watching the unexpected arrival.

The swept winged aircraft approached the carriers rear end when, it dove straight down. Everyone was silent. Cleveland began ordering a retrieval when, a whoosh caught our attention. The plane bounced on the deck, with the front wheel snapping and the nose slumped down onto the deck. Hoorays ensued the ship, as well as the ones sailing along us.

The cockpit slid back open and a hand waved. A crowd surrounded the aircraft and Queen Elizabeth along with Cleveland, Helena, Illustrious and I ran down to greet David. When we arrived, he was wearing his khaki brown overalls, a parachute strap and a leather cap. He even brought his katana and his pistol in his hand.

David P.O.V.

I was facing Nat; her face was filled with worry. I opened my arms and raised a brow. "So... are you just going to stand there or are you gonna give me a hug?" I asked. Before she come any closer I was tackled by a landfill of girls of various heights. Some cried, some called me an idiot, some were happy. From behind I could see Queen Elizabeth sigh in exasperation, Illustrious giggling, Cleveland smiling, and Nat rolling her eyes.

"Alright everyone, that's enough! Kindly get off sir David or you'll actually kill him if you don't." Wales said. Everyone quickly got off me embarrassed by nearly killing me. I got to my feet and dusted my clothes. I was then, gently tackled by Nat. I returned the embrace and smiled. "Good to have you here David." She mumbled. "It's good to be here." I replied.

After our small reunion, we went to the mess hall and they prepared a small feast. And boy was I famished. There were all sorts of salads, food, beverages and desserts prepared. It was all cooked and prepared by the Royal Maids and the best chef in the union, Oklahoma. I said a small prayer and dug in.

After the small feast, they called in Enterprise, Hornet and Nicci to give an update. Once they arrived, Nicci didn't dare to make eye contact. She was too ashamed to look at me. "You alright there Nic?" Hornet asked Nicci. She nodded looking away. "She's alright Hornet, she's just ashamed of the fact she tied me up to avoid any kerfuffle in her EMP mission." I bluntly said.