Chapter 4: Meeting the Queen

3rd P.O.V.
As Akagi and Kaga sail back to their headquarters, Akagi is tending to Kaga's injuries. As they were talking a thud was heard. Startling Kaga, she saw the famed heavy cruiser of Iron Blood, Prinz Eugen.

She skillfully descended from above and teased Kaga. Akagi interrupted as Kaga was on the brink of attacking her. As they discussed about the hindrances in their plans to victory of the famed carrier of Eagle Union, a red paper cut-out flew to Akagi and informed her that a small fleet was spotted.

Hearing this put a smile on her face, as the red cut-out was disappeared in a red flame. She faced Prinz Eugen asking her to assist them.

On a ship, a girl with metal-like ears wearing a sailor's uniform sat on top of the front turret. Another girl with her rigging approached her, informing her they have received orders. She complained as she just took part in the attack on Azur Lane headquarters. "It's not that against fighting, it's just I don't like it." She said. "Not now! Zis is not vether you like vighting or don't like." The girl wearing a black Beret with her rigging retorted.

David P.O.V.
After I "bought" some clothes for the twins. I went to the office and saw Enterprise summon her rigging and sped off. I quickly ran to my plane made quick pre-checks, started the engine and took off. I flew 9 feet above Enterprise and spoke through the radio.

"Enterprise, What the hell are you doing! You're not completely fixed. Turn back now!" I shouted. "Hornet is in danger and she needs help." She replied as she sped faster. As I was about to push the throttle to WEP (War Emergency Power), I saw Cleveland, Javelin and Laffey just 5 meters from Enterprise.

I smiled and saw a bright light underneath my seat. To my curiosity, I picked it up to see a blue cube. It flashed and I can see, a mini-radar on my bottom left, an ammunition count on my top left, the plane's outline on the top right, a bearing compass below the top left corner and a list weapons I can equip below the top right corner.

Natalya P.O.V.
I knocked on David's door after mistaking 30 other rooms for his. I turned the doorknob and saw his room empty. I looked in to his wardrobe and noticed his flight suit missing along with his pistol. I remembered hearing Hornet's fleet under attack. I realized, he was out WITH Enterprise.

'Shit! We can't catch up to them in time. Betty's fastest is 410 km/h and David's is nearly twice as fast. I just hope he's alright.' I thought as I ran to the office where Wales was pacing with Illustrious and Unicorn having a cup of tea.

"Wales, have you heard from David?!" I frantically said bursting in. All heads turned to me as U-chan peeked from the table with crumbs on its face. Wales sighed and replied, "He's currently engaging the 5th carrier division, Shokaku and Zuikaku. Enterprise is nearly at her limit." Aa she looked at the phone on the table, it rang.

3rd P.O.V.
As she answered, her eyes widened and said with disbelief, "Your majesty." On the other end of the phone, a small girl with a queen's crown on her head is drinking tea. A maid with a light-brown hair, tied in a French braid is kneeling whilst holding the phone to girl's ear.

"Thank you, your majesty. Our allies are currently under attack." Wales said relieved as the cavalry has arrived. In the room, the others were jumping in joy. "Yes, I know what's going on Wales; and I've already "maid" my brilliant move" Natalya said in sync to Queen Elizabeth on the phone. The others looked at each other wondering why she mentioned a maid.

At sea, a woman in maid's uniform with a metal neck collar and two small chains hanging off with one broken in half sped towards the fray. In the battlefield Enterprise and Zuikaku are in equally matched. David is defending Hornet's fleet with precise accuracy flying Harbinger destroying Shokaku's fighters. He swerves up, right, left, down like a ballet dancer dancing with guns blazing. With Zuikaku, she found an opening Enterprise aimed her bow at Zuikaku but, Zuikaku deflected it aiming it upwards. As the bolt of energy was released it became a sbd-5 and returned to drop its payload.

As the bomb dropped, a pillar of water formed. Zuikaku emerged from the mist of water only to be kicked 10 feet away by Enterprise.

David P.O.V.
As I shot down another Zero, Wildcats and more zeroes swarm the skies with bullets blazing. Hornet and the others were cornered by two siren ships and some ship girls. "Vwhat? Nein! You are vnot allowed zto do zat. Vace me or you're going zto regret it!" I heard someone complain. 'Gosh, her voice is loud as a B-29's engine.' I thought as lasers suddenly flew past my plane.

I turned away and dived towards the ships, equipping the missiles. As I evaded enemy fire in my dive, in the distance Enterprise was about to be struck as a blur suddenly came to an abrupt halt in front of her. I looked back to my targets and saw I was in perfect range to fire the missiles. As the rockets left the wings, I pulled up and flew towards Enterprise. I cannot believe upon what I saw, a maid, in combat.

On my left, a fleet of ships arrived. The Elizabeth-class battleships, Queen Elizabeth and Warspite, England's famous battle cruiser, Hood, Town-class light cruisers, Edinburgh and Sheffield had just arrived. 'That means, the maid in front of Big E is, Belfast?!' I thought as I circled them at 3000 feet.

As the Iron blood and Sakura Empire withdrew, they summoned their ships. I took a good look and saw it was the 5th aircraft carrier division Zuikaku and Shokaku, the improved fubuki class destroyer Ayanami and to the left they were the Admiral hipper class heavy cruiser, Prinz Eugen and a 1936A class destroyer, Z23. I turned away relieved, this battle was a win. I saw Hornet's fleet with their ships sailing. I looked at my fuel, it was half full. I made a low pass near the Royal navy fleet.

Hood P.O.V.
I saw a bent gull-winged plane pass by my vessel. I chuckled as my half cape fluttered as it left to land on Hornet's carrier. 'I wonder who may that frisky pilot be? I hope to meet her once we arrive." I thought as it landed smoothly on her deck. 'She certainly is interesting.' I thought as I smiled looking at the figure in the distance.

3rd P.O.V.
As they arrive at Azur lane headquarters, two pairs of feet were running. The harbor was filled with cheers and the injured ship-girls were brought to the MTF (Military Treatment Facility). The main Royal Navy fleet approached Javelin, Laffey and David as Cleveland helped the maids. "I would like to speak to the pilot of that plane." Queen Elizabeth demanded pointing to the Corsair on Hornet's deck.

A tall, masculine figure stepped forward. He said, "That would be...." He trailed off as he saw Queen Elizabeth. He did not expect to see a little girl to be Queen Elizabeth. The Royal navy fleet were also in shock that the pilot was no woman, but a man.

Hood stepped forward and asked, "You're the pilot of the plane that flew by?" David nodded. She bowed and said, "HMS Hood, of the Royal Navy. You are?" "David, Lt. David Howe." David replied returning the gesture. She chuckled as David smiled.

As the Royal Fleet were about to ask him questions, a cry was heard calling out to David. He turned to see a pair of fists hitting his face, sending him flying into the water. Hood gasped, covering her mouth with her hand. Nicci and Natalya's fist were smoking. Clearly infuriated with their friend, recklessly following Enterprise to combat without telling them. Hood summoned her rigging and fetched the poor pilot. She returned with him in her arms unconscious and drenched.