Chapter 27: General Quarters

3rd P.O.V.

Fires were ablaze above the ocean floors, debris bobbed the blue, black vessels sailed menacingly guns raised proud, and fear ran through their bones as black vessels and aircrafts roared as gunfire echoed the area. The stakes were high, as their survival depended on every decision of every second.

Black siren jets, emitting streaks of blue, red, pink, and blood red lights rained down the crimson flotilla firing lasers and missiles and dropping bombs. They fended of some bombs and missiles, but it wasn't enough. Some slipped past smashing against some of their vessels. Booms of cannons, screams of agony and worry and fear echoed as the skies grew darker with every shot and burning wreck.

Afar the north, east, and west, the echoes were heard. Every girl turned their attention and as they drew nigh, smoke rose from afar and was light by laser and gunfire. Paces were changed aircrafts were launched knowing one thing, an armada awaits. Cannons raised and loaded, aircrafts roared and flew off flying along the fleet, and weapons at the ready.

As they neared the fray, jets emerged from the smoke accompanied by lasers. They evaded the lasers as it shattered the blue mirror ocean. Cannons and guns blazed as their fears grew seeing the lights emitted from the smoke. Some shook in fear, some were in shock, some steeled their nerve. It was an armada of advanced sirens, along with their vanguards, the Arbiter.

David P.O.V.

I jumped back and raised my sword as Observer Alpha descended. "You would be wise to surrender." She said, licking her lips and smiling seductively. I lowered my weapon and steadied my breath. "Yeah." I replied. Once my head was cleared and calm, I looked at her shrugging my shoulders "Probably." I remarked. I quickly drew my pistol and shot her square in her eye.

She screamed in agony clutching her left eye. I ran off holstering my pistol and jumped of the edge. A zero flew by and I held onto the wing. It rose off to the sky as cannons bellowed the skies. The shells whistled and pierced the motionless black behemoth. Explosions and shockwaves erupted as the plane circled the area. It groaned and creaked as it started to slowly capsize and list to the left.

The white nimble aircraft dove to Zuikaku's flight deck, I released my grip and tumbled over the wooden layered deck as the plane pulled up back into the fray. I stood up and caught my breath. Anti-aircraft cannons fired all around me as aircafts spiraled down one after another along with cannons exchanging fire.

"David!" Zuikaku called out, running over. "I need a plane." I asked, and she gave me a small nod. A flash of bright blue light emanated, as it died down a A6m Zero Model 21 appeared with its engine humming. I immediately climbed inside and skipped the checklists. I pushed the throttle to full and lifted off into the firefight.

Lasers flew past my windshield. I dove down near the waters and the sirens gave chase. I could hear maniacal laughing. More streams of lasers flew by my windshields. I looked back and saw Purifier. A grin crept up my face as an idea formed in my head. "Wanna play Purifier? Let's Play!" I said aloud as I pulled back the stick and climbed vertically.

The laser stopped for a moment. Suddenly four blue beams shot from behind, boxing me in. I looked at the airspeed gauge and it was dropping to zero fast. Soon, I began to stall as it titled to the left. The laser slowly narrowed, as it did I slid open my canopy and pulled out my pistol. Just as the laser could touch the tip of the wing, Purifier was in sight. I pulled the trigger as fast as I could shooting her cannons dead center. Her cannons erupted and the blue beams dissipated. I tucked in my hand and closed the canopy and pushed the throttle to full. I flew past Purifier who was groaning in pain. As I dove down picking up speed, I pulled up and rejoined the dogfight.

Natalya P.O.V.

I swerved left and right avoiding missiles and lasers from the elite siren jets behind us. I could hear the rapid gun-fire from behind of my sister's desperate efforts gunning down the sirens pursuing us. Suddenly, I heard repetitive clacking. She must've ran out of ammo, but before I could ask I heard some noise and some explosions; causing the plane to rock.

I couldn't dare look behind the seat's gaps because of all the adrenaline. I saw a siren ship slowly aiming its turret at us despite the damage it had sustained. "Nic, hang on!" I shouted back at her, as I pushed the plane into a dive. Our pursuers followed suit as more lasers flew by around us. The cannon from below started firing randomly. It shot down our pursuers giving me clearance to pull the diving flaps and drop my hundred-pound bombs, destroying it completely.

After recovering from the dive, I climbed up and lasers zoomed past us. More sirens started pursuing us until, an engine roared and gunfire echoed from behind. Explosions rocked behind us. The sound of engines faded until its pistons humming grew louder. Beside us, it was a zero from the Sakura Empire. The cockpit cleared when it came slightly closer. Inside was David.

I let out a sigh of relief as noise came from behind and laughing. I looked beside us and saw him giving us a two fingered salute. He rocked his wings, signifying to follow him I gave him a nod. He banked right and dove down back into the fray. I followed him from behind pumping the levers on the dashboard, reloading my guns. I let out a sigh and said, "This is going to be a long day."

Wales P.O.V.

It was far from over. Volley after volley the sirens kept advancing endlessly. I have sustained damage after fending off siren vessels, bombs and kamikazes. Fatigue was starting to drain me as more and more sirens poured out from the portals. A roar buzzed louder as it drew near. A missile was flying towards me, when it was pelted meters away from me. A gust of wind blew as a Zero flew above me followed by Eagle Union's dive bomber. It was clear that our flying knights still had hope in ending this conflict.

I looked around me, gaining the attention of my allies who were bruised, tired and low on munitions. "We shall go on to the end, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be!" I cried. They shouted with a great roar and we all sailed forth, to fight to the bitter end.

Lasers struck past us like lions on their prey. Columns of water erupted as they missed, I aimed my cannons, and with aim true; I have claimed my prey. Sirens came forth as they charged. We raised our weapons and struck with all the might we have left to muster. We clashed in an endless battle.

Tester and I clashed as different sirens clashed amongst our ranks. Some sirens were eliminated before reaching their desired targets and others, fought greatly against our forces. "Victory is futile. Possibility of prevailing, zero percent. Surrender." She said rather monotonously. "Never. We will stand, you shall fall!" I shot back pushing her back a few feet. She hovered above the Ocean surface. "Sirens Superior, Azur Lane Infer-" But, before she could finish talking I shot her in the head. "You talk too much." I sighed.

Hood P.O.V.

Bismarck and I fought back-to-back as we were swarmed with Sirens. Amidst the fire fight, a laser knocking me back. I tumbled back and hit my back against remnants of a siren ship. She aimed her cannons and I took cover behind it. Her cannons vibrated as the ship's armor protected me. I heard whimpering and saw two destroyers huddled together crying.

I smiled, reassuring them everything will be alright. "We're scared." The little destroyer said. "I am too, but we have to be brave or the mean sirens will not go away." I softly said patting them. The clanking of metal continued behind us. "Somebody give me a real fight!" Her voice glitched. I peeked to my left and saw a long sharp residue of shrapnel.

I looked back and saw her extending her cannons for another salvo. Before she could fire, a clang bellowed. "If it's a fight you want, you got one." Bismarck said lowering the cannon with her shark-like rigging. I sprinted out grabbing the shrapnel whilst the siren tried to shoot her (Bismarck), I slid underneath and sliced her arm. Bismarck's rigging pulled half of the siren's cannons. She scowled biting back the agonizing pain. I spun on my heel, blasting her leg and rigging causing her to lay on the ocean surface.

Just as I was about to stab her, Bismarck interrupted by lodging her staff in in the siren's face- or what used to her face - proceeding to maul her. "She was mine." I shrugged. She giggled sheepishly until we were met with more Siren forces. "Fall back!" I yelled as I shot a salvo towards the incoming threats. "May God help us all." I muttered hoping for the best of the war's outcome.