Chapter 12: Warriors of Steel part 1

Natalya P.O.V.

Two days had passed since the meeting. I'm currently training with Wales, George and Warspite. I decided to learn fighting with a sword since, David taught me how to shoot a gun. My swordsmanship still need improvement though I had endured for nearly two months of rigorous training with George and Wales.

2 Months ago

3rd P.O.V.

The sun is slowly rising over the distant horizon, ships bob side-to-side at the docks, and three figures jog along the road. Natalya, Prince of Wales, and King George V jog early in the morning boosting Natalya's stamina. "Two more rounds the base girls!" George said as they jogged. Natalya looking pale and can barely keep up.

The following day, Natalya has been tasked to carry a two buckets of water to the top of the hill without spilling a single drop whilst Wales distracts her by shooting a Webley Mk. VI Revolver. As she carried the water buckets uphill, a bullet whizzed by missing the bucket by an inch. She froze dead in her tracks, and hesitantly looked above. Above, is a gun barrel smoldering, just freshly shot and holding it is, Prince of Wales. Natalya panicked and ran uphill, spilling water as she went. Upon reaching the top, she laid on the grass catching her breath. "Not a drop." Wales chuckled. Natalya let out a sigh of relief, thinking she passed. "Literally" Wales added. Natalya stood and saw that the buckets were dead empty.

The following weeks has been tiresome for Natalya. It's been a two weeks since she failed again and again. Today, he sun has yet to rise. A figure is at the cliffs overlooking the base, performing hand stand push-ups. Sweat drips along her face, as she is determined to succeed. Meanwhile in the dormitory halls, George and Wales are walking to the Burkley twin's dorm.

Upon opening the door, they could only find a bed with its sheets fixed and Nicci peacefully sleeping in hers. They ran in search for Natalya worried of her whereabouts. On the cliff, the figure is balancing themselves on their foot with two buckets filled with water to the brim at hand; not a single drop spilling.

Wales and George met up at the bottom of the cliff, breathing heavily from all the running and out of breathe. "Any sign of her?" George asked bent over holding her knees. "No. Where could she..." Wales trailed off as she spotted a familiar figure above them. George followed to where she was looking and the sisters walked uphill, as the sun beamed over the cliff slowly rising.

Natalya was balancing on her foot not flinching an inch with the buckets at hand. She slowly set the buckets down, setting her left foot down and let out a deep breath. She turned to the sisters and said, "Oh, good morning!" The sisters were baffled. "Good morning!?" They shrieked. As the battleships gave Natalya an earful of scolding, the day was yet to begin.

Present Time

I fell to the ground disarmed, a blade was pointed to my neck, being bested by Wales, again. "You're defense is improving. However, your thrusts and attack still need refining. Let's call it a day." Wales said holding out her hand. I took it and stood up. We went our separate ways and prepared for the upcoming mission.

There had been reports of strange siren activity 700 miles from base, and are preparing to investigate with a flotilla of ships from both the Royal's and the Eagle's. I had just got out of the bath and wore my flight suit and my parachute, holstered my trusty 1911 on my right hip and met up with Hornet at the docks.

Nicci P.O.V.

I sat in the gunner's seat in Diving Betty aboard Enterprise and reminisced the first time I flew seeing the vast horizon with my very eyes for the very first time. "Nicci?" a voice called out to me. I looked below and saw Vestal with Enterprise in tow. I got out the seat and onto the flight deck.