Chapter 19: Foolish yet Perfect

3rd P.O.V.

In the halls of the Dormitories, Sheffield, Belfast, Dido and Enterprise (Royal Navy) were cleaning. Sheffield hummed a tuned with a small smile on her face as she was polishing the floor. "You're awfully a lot chipper than usual." Belfast said with a chuckle. The maid glanced at the head maid with a raised brow. "Perhaps her time with Mister Howe melted her cold heart?" Dido gasped.

The maid didn't utter a word as she continued her work. "Was it perhaps his charm?" Enterprise teased. "His skill?" Dido continued. Sheffield still didn't say a word. Her face was flustered and her pace quickened. "Perhaps she must've seen him in the bath?" Enterprise giggled looking at Dido giggling as well. Sheffield immediately stood up and excused herself from the gossip.

She avoided eye contact as she walked past Dido and Enterprise. At this point, her face was as red as a tomato. "E-Excuse me, I'll water the flowers." She stammered briskly exiting the hall. Belfast hummed to herself as she thought about what caused the coldest maid's heart to melt. After they finished cleaning, Belfast looked for Sheffield. Sheffield stood on her vessel looking at the horizon. At the back of her mind, she kept asking herself, "Why?" Sheffield flinched when an all too familiar voice asked, "Contemplating on why you are captivated by David?" The head maid walked up beside her.

Sheffield couldn't keep her composure and stammering, "I-I just d-don't know why, he's just so-" "Foolish yet, perfect?" Belfast finished with a smile. She looked at Belfast stunned. She remembered finally had realized why. A smile formed on her face. She remembered all the foolish things that David had done that made her smile.

Flashback

2 months ago...

David was cleaning his aircraft. He was currently under the fuselage. Sheffield had just arrived with a towel, some snacks and tea. "Master?" Sheffield said when she heard a loud bang. A small smile formed on her face as she helped him out from underneath. "Ugh, did someone ring the doorbell?" David groaned.

Sheffield stifled a giggle at David's daze. "I simply brought tea you prat." She coldly replied still with a smile on her face. "Oh, tea, yes." He mumbled as she guided him to a chair. Before he sat down, he suddenly dropped on the floor hitting his butt. David winced in pain while, Sheffield stifled a chuckle with a grin.

3 days ago...

Sheffield was walking along the halls when she noticed a door slightly open. She peeked inside and saw hunter and David. They had some books and science equipment on the table.

"Are you sure about this David? If our calculations are wrong it might backfire." Hunter asked him worried if the task fails. "Bah! Come on Hunter, we won't know if it WILL work if we don't try." David bravely said. He dropped a droplet of blue fluid into the flask with yellow fluid.

Hunter and David closed their eyes fearing an explosion will occur. The flask's contents then slowly turned red. David raised the flask with pride and look to hunter with a smug smile and said, "See, everything's A-Oka-." He was interrupted when a smoke erupted from the flask. As it cleared, Hunter and a peeping Sheffield were at awe.

The formula he created turned David into a girl. David stood stunned and blinked. He quickly analyzed himself from head to toe. He then concluded he was fine shrugging his shoulders. Sheffield was speechless, amazed, baffled and amused. "See? Everything is fi-." David abruptly said with a shrilled voice..

When he saw his reflection at the window, he screamed at the top of his lungs. Hunter was laughing so hard she started to cry. Outside the room, Sheffield was on the floor giggling, holding her stomach as tears ran down her cheeks from laughter. She could hear "her" cries panicking on how to fix himself.

One week ago...

Sheffield was peacefully walking along the academy's corridors and heard, a piano. Its soft melody echoed the empty halls. It was soft and gentle curious she looked into the room and saw, David playing. He had smile as he played the song. She quietly entered the room and noticed a violin beside her.

As David was playing, he heard a new tune joining the melody. Sheffield walked beside him, playing the violin. They played their tune as she would occasionally dance and twirl. After playing a few more songs, they fixed the instruments and walked back to the dormitories while having a little chat.

Upon reaching Sheffield's room, she turned to him. "I really enjoyed it tonight, thank you." She said keeping a poker. "Not something what you'd usually say." He teased. "Are you provoking me?" Sheffield joked. David jokingly averted his gaze. Sheffield rolled her eyes and felt something warm on her cheek.

David pecked her on the cheek. She stood stunned, she was motionless, her face started to heat up. She hastily entered her room and put her back against the door. David chuckled and realized what he did. He sat on the other end of the door. Both sat opposite one to another behind the door, their faces red as a rose, the night sky shines a deep blue, and there they sat with a smile and thought, "I love you."

Present

Sheffield P.O.V.

I was walking around the facility and I noticed a familiar figure sitting on the beach. I approached him and asked, "Enjoying yourself?" David looked at me and I stared into his eyes. His eyes were dull, tired and sad. He looked back to the ocean. His left knee bent, his left arm resting on his knee, his right leg stretched out and his right arm supporting him, as held onto his sheathed blade.

"What, is this?" He asked. I sat down on the sand beside him. I put my hand over his, holding the scabbard. "Every cloud has a silver lining." I said slightly tightening my grip. I laid my head on his shoulder and watched the sea, enjoying the moment. A scream disturbed our moment of peace, San Diego was being chased by a shark, again.