Chapter 17: Secrets Unveiled

3rd P.O.V.

None uttered a word as Natalya and the Royal Navy's best ship-girls sat at the table. The parfaits stood on the glass cup, slowly melts beneath the sun's warmth and fellow ship-girls pass by with bags at hand or having a good gossip. As Natalya opened her mouth, Wales was first to speak up.

"You feared we would question your origins, correct?" Wales asked. She stared at Natalya who in turn, sat frozen and speechless. "How did you know?" She replied. "It wasn't all too hard really." Queen Elizabeth chimed in. "We treated you as such to avoid any unwanted conflict." Ark Royal commented eating her parfait. "Fear would be your initial reaction if we spoke sooner." Illustrious added justifying Queen Elizabeth's statement.

Natalya silently sat in her seat processing the information. "I'm glad we are good terms then." Natalya happily said holding out her hand. Wales shook her hand with a smile. They proceeded to eat their food as the day continued. Meanwhile in the MFT, David sat with bandages on his chest. He looked at the side-table next to him, his double-breasted suit sat with a katana and a cane leaning on the wall.

He stared at the katana intently when suddenly, an image of a large black vessel flashed. He then remembered something during his stay at the Sakura Empire. He immediately put on his suit and grabbed his belongings and dashed to find Enterprise and Wales. As he reached the Academy a plume of smoke emerged from the infrastructure and a loud boom resounded throughout the base.

A figure rose from the black mist with a glowing object at hand. Her laughs echoed as she starts to fly away. He chased after her, knowing his attempts were futile he found an M1-D garand near the shooting range. He loaded the rifle with a clip with 8, thirty caliber bullets and cocked it. With a bullet in the chamber, he ran to the beach with his elbow on his knee acting as a bipod, and aimed it at the flying figure. Upon closer inspection, it was Purifier.

She kept flying straight unaware of his presence. True to his aim, he pulled the trigger and a thirty-caliber bullet pierced her rigging. Her scream resounded in the blue horizon. As he was about to shoot once more, a gust of wind rushed past him with a mighty roar. He looked through his scope and saw the grey ghost on her Hellcat, bow at the ready.

When he turned his attention to Purifier, she aimed her cannons at the water. Before David could pull the trigger, a plume of water emerged from the ocean's surface. As the mist cleared, Purifier and the object in her possession were nowhere to be seen. Enterprise stood near where the siren last stood and glided back to shore.

David P.O.V.

I stood on the beach with the rifle in my arms. Footsteps crunched against the sand. I gripped the rifle tighter as the footsteps slowed to a halt. I felt a hand over my shoulder. I turned to see Nat looking at me with worry. I walked past her without another word. I entered the academy and navigated to where the explosion originated. I entered a room as manjuus entered and exit.

I surveyed the area, and my blood began to boil. Chars littered the wall, debris scattered the floor, the desk broken into splinters, the people present sat with bruises on them. My anger rose even more as I saw Nicci, her head and hands covered in bandages. "David, you're here!" Vestal cried, snapping me out of my trance. "Who was that siren?" I asked. "Purifier" a voice said catching our attention. Sheffield looked at us with a grim expression. "Purifier is one of many Elite Sirens. She now possesses the black wisdom cube." She continued with a cold tone.

I gripped the rifle tighter and bit my lip. "I want the Royal Navy and the Eagle Union representatives in the briefing room in 5 minutes." I ordered leaving the room. "If war is what they want then, war is what they'll get." I mumbled. I entered my room and changed into my service dress. After changing into my service dress, I briskly walked into the room.

3rd P.O.V.

Inside, Wales, Natalya, Enterprise, Cleveland, and Hood were patiently waiting. "David what's the meaning of this?" Nat asked confused of the situation. "Orochi sails." I firmly said with hand of the desk. The room fell silent. "How are you Certain?" Wales questioned. David's gravely spoke, "Five months ago, I was told about a great serpent. Its heart stolen. It had teeth, tenfold more than-"

"David, cut the drama and tell us already!" Natalya cried, interrupting David. "Fine." David conceded. He told them the monstrosity built by the other worldly invaders. To say the least, the ship-girls were shocked to hear the abomination, while Natalya wasn't fazed at all. Silence enshrouded the room, pondering the best course of action without.

Enterprise stepped forward and announced, "We have to gather our best ships and give it- ", "I'm afraid that won't work." David interrupted. They all looked at David confused. "It has shields like a belt armor of 12.7 inches thick. You'd all be exhausted by then." He admitted. "Then what?" Cleveland asked the pilot. A smile crept up his face.

In a dark, bleak, abandoned cave, a silhouette of a large vessel is seen. Beside the said vessel is, Kaga and Observer Alpha. "The Orochi awakens. With the will of countless souls embedded into its body, the Orochi has everything we need. It has traveled countless oceans, collecting wills as it passes." Observer Alpha whispered into Kaga's ear. Her voice fluctuating with different pitches. "I see." Kaga mumbles. "That's right, Akagi's will is here as well. Do you feel it?" She continues as she hovers beside Kaga, further deceiving her into their master plan. "You can't let it die, no matter what." She commands. "Yes, that's right. It's why I'm here." She bluntly replied. "And let's not forget the three irregularities." She whispered into her ear with a sly smile.