Chapter 30: Pilot Down

David P.O.V.

I was drenched in sweat as I approached the fleet. The axis and allied fleet were all sailing alongside one another. I could see some familiar faces being reunited with old friends. A smile formed on my face knowing that, I've protected theirs. As I made another pass I could see on Zuikaku's flight deck a group of people crowded the ship's bow. I made all the necessary preparations to land.

After I had landed my plane, I hopped off the cockpit shutting off all important electronics and switches. I dropped to the deck with a thud and saw the crowd waiting for me were running at me. "Ah shit, here we go again" I thought picturing myself getting beaten up for the note I left the twins. I calmly walked welcoming the punches and shouting I was about to get. They all rushed nearer and nearer. Until, I was tackled to the ground with sobbing and cheering. I looked below me and saw that some of the Royals, Sakuras, Ironblood and Eagles were hugging me.

I laid my head on the wood-like surface with a laugh. "David!" voices called out to me. I was greeted by Hood, Illustrious, Belfast, Hornet and Enterprise. I stood up with some of the girls who were clinging onto me slowly fall to the floor. "Are you alright sir David, shall I fetch Vestal?" Hood asked. "I'm alright Hood. I've been through worse." I replied.

"Thank the Lord you're alright, please never run off like that again. I mean it." Illustrious said sternly emphasizing her last statement. "Of course, Illustrious." I stuttered. "Way to go! Ya really put up a show." Hornet praised smacking my back. "Thanks, I guess?" I replied uncertain how to receive her praise. "Guess the plan worked out after all." Enterprise said with a small smile on her face. "Yeah, it most certainly did." I smiled. She held out her hand and returned the gesture shaking hands.

"Congratulations sir David, I'm sure her majesty has some plans once we return to headquarters." Belfast greeted. I gave a small nod and she smiled. "However, I think three of our friends say otherwise." She whispered, leaning into my ear. I raised a brow thinking what she could mean. Until a cry sent a shiver down my spine. "Daaavid!" voice/s cried out as shifting were heard.

I looked behind me and saw Nicci, Natalya and Sheffield running straight towards me. My face paled as they inched closer. I ran off, trying to avoid my doom. But they were relentless and finally caught me. I was being beaten and scolded of my stupidity. I curled into a ball left to endure my punishment.

3rd P.O.V.

After an agonizing hour of being beaten to a pulp, David was on his knees with multiple lumps on his head. "You are so selfish! Thinking that you could face them without a scratch?" Sheffield huffed. "Technically he did." Hornet pointed out. "Still, that doesn't mean he could run off into battle and leaving us a note as if it were his will." Nicci added clenching her fists. "I'm sorry okay." He whimpered. Illustrious intervened and settled the dispute with David and the girls.

Onboard U.S.S. Helena, the sonar on Helena's hip started making noises. She listened closely to the noise it made. Her face wilted with fear she activated her rigging and sailed to Enterprise. Before she could get near the ship, a beam erupted from the portals mouth and causing some vessels nearby to erupt into flames. The ships started listing as some girls were severely injured in the process.

From the mouth of the portal, mass-produced siren vessels emerged. However, they weren't the usual models like before. These models were far more advanced and powerful. They entered with a menacing aura and behind them were the most powerful sirens. These were the most powerful and most advanced beings in the universe.

The girls and the teens whipped their heads to the portal. The wreckage of the ships from earlier were gone. The next thing they saw, caused their blood to run cold. Siren vessels of black with streaks of blue or pink sailed through, along with a white ship with streaks of blue and another black vessel being darker than the night sky with streaks of blood red across the ship. Their cannons shone with a menacing aura surpassing even the grim reaper's presence to collect your soul.