Chapter 11: Uprising

Natalya P.O.V.

I was eating breakfast with my sister who still denies to eat after David's untimely death. She has been like this for the past month and I am starting to get worried for her addiction to Oxy cola. "Coffee or tea ladies?" Belfast asked as she brought a silver tray with two ceramic kettles and eight different mugs and tea cups. "Coffee please, thank you Belfast." I said eating my food.

"Oxy, ugh cola more. Eh, I make. Ihgkh huegh." My sister fumbled as she hit her head on the table with a thud. Belfast and I sighed in disappointment. "She's been like this for the past month. Belfast could you please take care of, this?" I said pointing my fork at my drunk sister. "It would be my pleasure miss." Belfast said bowing. I stood up and exited the cafeteria.

I walked past the academy, girls from the Eagle Union and Royal Navy giggled, chatted, and played amongst each other. I walked along the harbor and stopped by a little florist and bought some flowers. Thankfully we were given some money. I was able to give Nicci the twenty bucks I owed her when we first got here. I walked up a hill arriving to the same spot when we first arrived.

Over the past month, a memorial was held to honor the death of our dear friend David and his grandfather, Richard Howe. We built them tombstones on a cliff, in memory of their endless determination and vast courage to face the danger up in the skies no matter the cost.

1 Month ago

3rd P.O.V.

On the east hill of the Azur Lane HQ the ship-girls from the Royal navy and Eagle Union gathered to honor the fallen. Two tombstones overlook the boundless horizon in memory of two of the best pilots they have ever known. Grieving for the death of Richard Howe, Enterprise, Essex, and Victorious lay down bouquet of flowers. On the tombstone was engraved, "In loving memory of, Richard Howe "Life is a gift, make it worthwhile"".

Tears run down their faces as they walk away. Three other girls, wearing mourning clothes approach the tombstone flowers at hand. Nicci, Natalya and Sheffield look at the tombstone heartbroken with David's name written on the tombstone, "In loving memory of, David Howe "Live with Honor, Die with Honor"". As the sun sets, a flag is slowly raised (Play video below). Belfast, San Diego, and Hood raise their bugles and played Taps as the American flag is raised.

The girls stood as firm as they could as others wailed and sobbed whilst saluting. The flag danced with the breeze and the bugle finished its call, the girls went down comforting one another. Three figures remained.

Present Time

I stood looking somberly at David's tombstone. The flowers have wilted, petals dried and scattered on his tombstone. I took the wilted bouquet and replaced them with the ones I bought. "I wish you were here David. Nicci really misses you. 'Wish I could've seen you two kiss Hehe." I said sorrowfully looking at the tombstone as tears welled up in my eyes. I walked back down and clenched my fists with newfound spirit.

Sheffield P.O.V.

I stood atop my ship's deck overlooking the Azure horizon. The salty breeze blows gently this fine afternoon. His jet-black hair, red and silver heterochromia eyes, and gentle smile kept flashing in my head. A tear trickled down my face, remembering our first interaction. "I miss him as much you do Sheffy." A melancholic voice said behind me.

Ms. Hood walked up beside me with two cups of tea at hand. She handed me a cup and took a sip on her cup. "Looking out at sea, won't bring him back. We have to keep moving forward." Ms. Hood said convincing me to move on. "Natalya shared me this proverb once, "Come to me, all you that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." She got it from the Bible. Read it some tome it helped us a lot." She added bringing out a black leather covered book.

She gave it to me as she walked away. I analyzed the book she gave me. "Holy Bible" was engraved on the cover finished in gold. I thought about the proverb Ms. Hood shared with me. I took a big gulp off my tea and fixed hair and clothes- a maid mustn't do her duties looking like she just woke up in her jim-jams and served as a caddie for her majesty's game of golf.

Nicci P.O.V.

"WAAAAAHHHHH! WHYYYYYYYY?!" I wailed as Belfast confiscated my last crate of Oxy-cola. "Miss Nicci, Lady Natalya is worried for your health. I know it is hard to move on after what has happened. However, he would certainly disappointed seeing you drunk. Getting drunk isn't the way to move on. You need to stay strong and pray." Belfast said comforting me as we sat in the dorm's bed.

She stood up and as she was about to leave the room; she turned and said, "Romans 8:38-39 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

After she finished, she left the room. I sat, motionless, as time goes by; all alone in the dorm I thought about what Belfast said. The sun has hid and the moon has shown, the sea shimmers through the evening. I laid my head on the bed and smiled. "For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor things present, nor things to come; shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." I told myself as I slowly slept peacefully keeping in mind that, David's death is in vain if I will do none.

3rd  P.O.V.

It's another lively day at Azur Lane Headquarters. Girls wandering about with a little chat along the way, playing games and talking about some accessories from the bazaar, lessons from the academy. In the briefing room, Cleveland, Vestal, Natalya, Enterprise, Hornet, Nicci, Belfast, Prince of Wales, and Akashi are discussing about what the black wisdom cube that Operation: Cloak and Dagger has retrieved and how it is connected to the Crimson Axis' Project: Orochi.

"The Sakura Empire's Secret Weapon was based on Siren Technology." Wales said as her brows narrowed. "Couldn't we just use this? It might neutralize those Mass-produced Siren ships they're controlling." Cleveland suggested. Akashi shook her head along with her green fluffy hair and ears and replied, "The Orochi itself controls the Siren Ships." Making things harder for the alliance.

"We'll need to take out the Orochi itself in order to disable the Mass-produced ships. This will make it easier for us to take them out." Natalya Suggested. "Easier said than done sis." Nicci chimed in. All eyes were on Nicci as she sat at the chair beside Belfast and Wales. "In our world the Orochi was featured to be equipped with a force field protecting it from projectiles and torpedoes. This raises a red flag in plans of destroying it from the outside." She said. All brows were raised.

Hours have passed and the meeting has just finished. The girls walk their separate ways with troubled minds. Natalya and Nicci are arguing in the room. "Why, Sis?! Why did you have to do that?" Natalya asked furiously. Nicci Stood with just a smile. Her pearly white teeth are shown with a smile plastered on her face. She replied, "Because, I got the need, for speed." Natalya stormed off running out of the room.

Nicci's knees started to shake, her shoulders dropped, and her smile became a frown. She fell to her knees sobbing. "You don't know how scared I am sis. I-I don't even know if I-I can do it." She said shakily through her tears. "Do you think she can do it?" Illustrious asked as She, Wales, and Unicorn drive towards the harbor. "I myself am uncertain of the outcome." Wales said, uncertain and worried of the plan. "I know she can do it." Unicorn said confidently. "But, the storm is yet to 'come worse." Wales added.

Meanwhile, in the Sakura Empire Headquarters. In the midst of the bamboo forest, a man in a Yale blue kimono with streaks of Carolina blue wearing a White Haori with Steel Blue feathers of different sizes is sitting on a rock playing his ryuteki. (Play the song below, it's the song he's playing)

Finished playing the melody, he stands and lets out a deep breath. He walks forward until sunlight beams through the bamboo as the wind blows. Upon exiting, he stood at a cliff's edge overlooking a fleet of destroyers, cruisers, battleships, and carriers of both sirens and ship-girls alike preparing for the upcoming mission. "Darkness shrouds the light, Thunder crackles through the night, Fall before our might!" Sakai shouts as his voice echoes throughout the forest.