Chapter 7: A rowdy espionage

David P.O.V.
I was currently repairing 'Diving Betty'. I found her with scorch marks, molten metal on different areas of the plane, and some shrapnel. "Good morning David!" A voice called out. I looked behind me, it was Illustrious and Unicorn. I smiled and waved at them.

"It seems you're quite busy." Illustrious said as I was putting oil in the fuselage's oil container. 'Damn my throat's sore like heck.' I thought as I endured my sore throat. "You're rather, quiet today David is something the matter?" Illustrious asked. Unicorn looked at me worrily. I smiled reassuring her it was nothing. Beneath my damn smile, was a like being shot by a hundred M2's.

"Is, your throat sore?" Unicorn asked. Taken by surprise, I nearly dropped my wrench as I was closing up the hatch. I looked at her and took off my gloves and scratched my head. Illustrious sighed. "You must better care of yourself David. Please see Vestal afterwards; And don't overdo yourself " She said worrily.

As I climbed down, I watched Unicorn and Illustrious walk away hand-in-hand. 'She reminds me of a mother. A mother that I wanted, a mother that I longed for, a mother, that I, needed.' I thought as time seemed to slow. Tears fell, as I watched them walk down further the hill. I quickly wiped my tears and continued fixing Diving Betty.

After the hard work, I arrived at the MTF. "How may I help you?" A girl said. She wore a black dress with a white high-collared bib, puffy shoulder, slit sleeves tied by blue ribbon laces and ruffled tailings with clover-leaf motifs, white thigh-high socks with garters, black slips shoes and a white nurse cap with black ruffles, clover-leaf logos and white lop ear-like garters. I sat on a medical bed and pointed to my throat. She asked me to open my mouth, as such, I complied.

3rd P.O.V.
In the Sakura Empire, two women in white and red with fox masks were crossing an arc bridge. These were Edinburgh and Sheffield. As they passed Ayanami and Shigure, they stood in front of an enormous roofed gate. There they stood, to the entrance to the Sakura empire.

It was filled buildings with kawara tiles. The headquarters was full of sakura trees. And in the distance stood an immense sakura tree. As they put on their masks and must focus on the mission.

A few days ago, Queen Elizabeth has called for Sheffield and Edinburgh. As they stood before her, Warspite and Belfast, Warspite cleared her throat. "Her majesty is sending you to execute operation, Cloak and Dagger. You are to infiltrate and retrieve the black wisdom cube. We believe it is vital to the Crimson Axis' plans. If any unforeseen altercations are to occur, you are authorized to use any means of self-defense. Retrieve it, and return to base safely." Warspite explained as Queen Elizabeth was enjoying her cup of tea.

Sheffield P.O.V.
As of the present, we strolled through the enemy's territory, we were still unable to locate Akagi's whereabouts. I overheard some girls back at the base, that they caught a glimpse of her holding the wisdom cube. Chattering, laughing, giggling, sizzling, and jingles were heard as we walked through the market.

It was just as lively back at headquarters. It saddened me to see them, of how they are blindly being used by the sirens. Unaware of the truth. The truth that, we are to fight the sirens and not each other. We kept walking past other girls of the Sakura Empire. To our dismay, we found no trace of Akagi or Kaga.

The sun began to set, as we walked to the harbors. We walked past a girl sitting on a crate. She wore a black kimono with red flames on the tips of her clothes with some gray. Her headband had the same design. She had something round and white on top her head. She also had white bunny ears.

As we walked past her, Edinburgh tripped losing her mask. I fast-walked toward her, as the enemy walked towards her and put her mask on. I bowed and we left. "Excuse me?" She called out. Our blood ran cold. 'I fear we've been recognized.' I thought as her footsteps grew louder. I was ready summon my pistols. Thankfully, she only gave back Edinburgh's glasses. I walked away as Edinburgh followed suit.

We found a small, green haired ship-girl with cat ears wearing a white robe with her sleeves covering her hands. She may lead us to Akagi. She stood in front of a mine. As she entered, we followed suit, maintaining our distance. As she went straight ahead, we turned right and constructed a plan.

"Edinburgh, make your way to the lowest level. I'll distract her and you get the cube. Wait for my signal to catch the cube. We cannot risk damaging it." I said as she nodded, preparing to execute the plan.

I leaned against the cave's right wall. I materialized my pistols at the ready. "No, please don't, somebody help me!" A voice cried in distress. 'It's that cat-eared girl!' I thought as I took a look. Kaga, Akagi and an observer siren was holding the green haired girl captive.

Whilst they were having a chat. I shot here free. She fell off the rail hand dazed. "You! Who the hell are you?!" Kaga cried as five blue cut outs materialized. As they launched, I took of my disguise using it as a makeshift shield. I side somersaulted away, shooting four shots only for her to materialize four cut-outs deflecting it.

As I regained my footing, I run up the wall, shooting Kaga. She was unfazed as her cut outs deflected it. I ran up to Akagi who simply smiled. I gave her a roundhouse kick. She evaded, not while leaving her agape realizing, I didn't wear knickers. I mentally grinned. She stood stunned, as I brought myself down. I kicked the black wisdom cube out of her grasp. She desperately reached for it. I shot it, making her retract her hand not risking to lose one.

As the cube fell, I called out for Edinburgh. "I caught it Sheffield! I did it. I have it!" She cried from below. Observer gritted her teeth. "It's time to retreat!" I cried. I threw a smoke grenade giving me enough time to escape. I jumped off the rails, falling five stories high and landed unscathed. "Come on Edinburgh!" I called out to her as we ran, out of the hidden cavern. Edinburgh was huffing I looked back, and saw her carrying the dazed green haired cat-girl.

We ran through the harbors, the siren wailed throughout the base, and passed two baffled ship-girls. Arriving at the docks, "I would rather carry gold ingots!" Edinburgh whined. "Complain later, why bother with the extra load Edinburgh?" I retorted. "Don't you dare leave me behind! They wanted to put me out of my meow-sery. Dead cats tell no tales you know?" The cat-girl wailed. I could only sigh in defeat. We jumped of the ramp's edge where we hid our rigging. We sailed off, as soon as we equipped our rigging.

"On your right!" I said as a shell missed Edinburgh. I looked up to see, Takao, the swordsman heavy cruiser of the Sakura Empire. We evenly fought on another, one deflecting the other. An overhead slash came upon me. I was able to move away from it. I saw my new adversary, the nefarious demon of the Solomons, Ayanami.

As we were about to fight, an engine was heard. We saw Edinburgh driving a boat uncontrollably. It was strapped with two old bombs. The engine caught on fire. The cat-girl panicked covering her eyes. I standing slightly disappointed. "Not what I expected" I said lowering my guns. "This could be bad." Ayanami said bluntly. "No, wait, don't come this way!" Takao said in a panic, hoping for them to change course. As they drew nearer, it was clear that it was going to explode.

Right before it exploded, I took them by the neck and sped away as fast as I could to safety. I caught a glimpse of Ayanami doing the same to Takao. In the end, we were able to escape Sakura empire unharmed. We rematerialized our equipment into our ships, and sailed away. "Honestly, Edinburgh don't drive a bomb towards me." I sighed as we sailed at full speed. I held the cube in my hand and wondered, 'What despicable secrets could this cube hold? What was that ship?' The image of the behemoth-sized ship revolved in my head as we sailed in the starry night.