Chapter 13: Warriors of steel Part 2

3rd P.O.V.

In the skies above the icy cold waters, an aircraft flies steadily. Inside, Sakai groggily wakes up remembering what had occurred. The faint sunlight beamed through the canopy. Upon remembering, he jolted wide awake. Checking the instruments if they are still operational, his katana beside the throttle, and finally the fuel gauge. Surprisingly, it hasn't dropped; not even an inch. "I have to get back to my seniors." Sakai said surveying the icy waters below. He pulled the stick and began the search for the fleet.

Meanwhile with the Crimson Axis fleet, cruisers, battleships, lay idle above the cold seas. The decks were filled with ship-girls dazed, weak and cold; amidst them, the mass produced Siren ships float inactive. Aboard one of the ships, Kaga jolts awake wincing in pain. Shokakau comes to aid the weakened carrier. "Kaga please, slow down. You have already been severely hurt." Shokaku says helping Kaga sit. "What happened?" She asked holding her arm in pain. She looked around her and saw some destroyers that are either unconscious or asleep.

"I'm trying to remember. The last memory I had was fighting the Grey ghost and then she..." she trailed off. Upon realizing, her eyes widened. "Tell me where Akagi went!" Kaga asked desperately. As they argued about Akagi, behind them Zuikaku looks to the heavens above. "Kai-kun, where are you?" she whispered.

Aboard Hornet's ship, eight figures stood looking at the sky. Each time sky cracked open, a mound of iceberg would shatter and fall to the se. On the flight deck, two aircrafts sat with trails of dents. At ships aft, a young woman sat silently hugging her knees on a navy blue aircraft with the tip of its wings folded above the canopy. Denver looks at her. "How is she?" a voice spoke. Nicci walked up beside her. She shook her head in dismay. Nicci sighed and walked away.

Natalya P.O.V.

I sat on the Corsair's wing debating over what I saw at the Mirror Sea. "That couldn't be him, David couldn't be alive. That must've been an illusion. Yeah an illusion. Argh! " I whispered to myself as Denver, Hornet, Montpelier, Cleveland and the others look cautiously at the sky. "If I want answers, I'll see for myself." I jumped stood up and got in the plane.

I made all the pre-checks and started up the engine. The propellers rotated slowly gradually spinning faster. I held the brakes and pushed the throttle to warm up the engines. They all started towards me, I looked at the oil temp gauge and hit the right temperature. I let go of the brakes and sped towards them.

They all fell flat onto their belly to avoid being flattened or blended to shreds. I pushed the throttle to War Emergency Power and successfully took off from Hornet. I raised the landing gear and pulled it back to 75% throttle. "Time to find out who he really is." I said flying off into the sky.

Sakai P.O.V.

I have been flying for an hour and spotted nothing more but, inactive Siren ships floating above the waters. I finally came across Japanese cruisers and lowered my plane. I circled them and saw Hyuga, Ise, Zuikaku, Kaga, Hiryuu and some others. A carrier appeared beside the cruisers. I immediately recognized the structure I circled the carrier and landed on the aft.

I immediately got out of the cockpit. Time seemed to slow, "Kai-kun!" Zuikaku shouted from afar with open arms. I ran towards her calling out to her, "Zuikaku-sensei!" I shouted back as we drew closer"Kai-kun!" Zuikaku shouted from afar with open arms. I ran towards her calling out to her, "Zuikaku-sensei!" "Kai-kun!" Zuikaku said slightly angered from afar with open arms. "Zuikaku-sensei?" "Kai-kun!" Zuikaku shouted angrily sprinting towards me sword raised. "Oh Shit!" I screamed trying to run away from my sensei's terrible wrath.

"Tasukete!" I cried as a raging Zuikaku chased me around swinging her sword. I looked to see Atago and Takao aboard watching us unsure what to do. I fluked my run and confused her, giving me enough time to run towards Takao. As I neared Takao I looked behind and saw no trace of my sensei. I sighed in relief, but all of that went away as soon as Zuikaku appeared right in front of me with a menacing aura ready to kill me.