Chapter 5: Choosing sides

3rd P.O.V.
Chattering and laughter can be heard throughout the base. Meanwhile in MTF, David's face is patched with a bandage. As he laid unconscious, the door opened as short maid pushed a trolley cart as she held a hangar with suit on it. She stopped on the right side of his bed and hung the suit on the wall's hook.

David stirred awake as he held his hand on his cheek. He felt a slight sting whilst removing the tape, holding the bandage in place. "Good morning master Howe." The maid said bowing. Taken by surprise at this, David slightly jumped, making him fall off the bed.

The maid sighed as she muttered, "Yanks, such clumsy people with no courtesy." She helped David sit on the right side of the bed. She stood back and as David looked at her. She wore a black long-sleeved knee-length maid dress with a ruffled end, puffy shoulders with frills around it, and a frilled buttoned cuff. She wears a white corset and an apron wrapped around her waist, white thigh-high stockings underneath a silver-colored laced stiletto boots with a metal knee guards with a cross motif. She also wore a white frilled headwear and a chained-choker with a cross pendant on her neck.

She bowed once more, whilst raising her dress and said, "I am HMS Sheffield, a town-class light cruiser. I will be your personal maid from here on forth. Would you like tea or coffee?" David was dumbfounded as he just heard, starting today Sheffield will be his personal maid. "T-Tea please." David stuttered while scratching his head.

David P.O.V.
As Sheffield poured tea, I took a closer look at her eyes and saw, she had orange eyes fading to yellow, her hair was tied in a French braid, and her bangs covered her right eye. "Here is your tea and feel free to eat the food I have prepared." She said as she handed me the tea. I ate some sandwiches and some crumpets as I drank the tea.

She looked at me with a blank expression. "It's rude to stare at a woman." She said as she looked away." I looked away and thought, 'She is beautiful though.' I noticed a suit hanging on the wall. It was a dark blue double-breasted suit, with a white dress shirt, a navy and red rep stripe necktie, acetate spectacles on its breast pocket, and a pair of oxford shoes on the floor. I finished eating, I put the tea cup on the cart's table and stood up. "Her majesty wishes to speak with you in the garden's gazebo. Please get dressed, I will wait for you outside." Sheffield said and took the cart away leaving me alone in the room.

After putting on the suit, I raised the necktie and wore the spectacles. I walked to a mirror and saw myself looking very, English. 'Not bad' I thought as I mentally patted myself. I closed the buttons as I left and was greeted by Sheffield. "This way master Howe." She said as she gave me a black umbrella.

I looked at the handle, and saw the Royal Navy insignia etched on a gold cylinder. I remembering Nicci and Natalya took me to the movies watching, Kingsman: World War. I watched every Kingsman movie ever since but couldn't afford to buy a suit like it.

As we walked to the garden we passed by Nicci and Natalya. They ran towards me. I closed my eyes preparing for another punch. To my surprise it never came. I felt two pairs of arms wrap around me and heard, "We're sorry."

I looked down to see them embracing me. I smiled and said, "I'm sorry too. I'll make sure I tell you what I'll do before actually doing it." I replied with a smile. They released from the embrace and looked at me with stars in their eyes.

"Since when did you go Oxford and not Rogue?" Natalya teased. "I didn't. You can thank Queen Elizabeth for that." I said with chuckle. "Master Howe, we must not keep her majesty waiting." Sheffield interrupted. They looked at me and raised a brow. "Well, Queen Elizabeth needs me. Let's have fun with the others later." I said looking back at them and left for the Gazebo.

Natalya P.O.V.
"So, he's chosen the Royal Navy huh?" Nicci said. 'I don't understand what's with him anymore.' I thought to myself as I watched him walk with Sheffy. "Hey, want to hit the beach?" I said smiling at Nicci. She shrugged her shoulders and ran to the dorms.

3rd P.O.V.
A white Ford Model T with golden accents drives on a bridge. Inside sat HMS Prince of Wales and HMS Illustrious. "They didn't just protect our base, but the Hornet fleet as well. There can be no doubt of her extreme power, David's skill in combat and the twins' accuracy." Wales said with her arms crossed and her right leg crossed over her left. "Indeed, some of our fears were realized as well. We are fortunate Belfast intervened, as did David. Who knows what could've happened." Illustrious said as she sat back up.

"What are you saying? You're concerned for them?" Wales asked glancing at Illustrious. Illustrious looked down remembering the previous attacks. "I find myself endeared to them after they saved Unicorn. Walking to grind Iron, lead and dust. I don't wish that upon them." Illustrious said worrying about them. Wales sighed and faced in front of her and said, "In that case we should have a word with her majesty.

David P.O.V.
I was walking towards the gazebo. They all faced me and Belfast gestured to the seat beside Wales. I unbuttoned my jacket and sat next to her. "David, I must thank you for yesterday's assist. Destroying the siren ships was a good bonus." Queen Elizabeth said cheerfully. I nodded as I noticed Hood blushing.

"Are you alright Miss Hood?" I asked as she looked away. "Y-Yes I-I'm quite al-alright." Hood stammered. I just simply ignored it.

"As I have said, according to previous reports, you and your friends are not from Azur Lane. However, your skills are astonishing!" Queen Elizabeth said. I smiled. "Just moments prior, we were discussing which faction of our alliance would you join." Wales said. I started to debate on the present situation.

As I was thinking, a voice called out. "Hey! Lead-head. You there?" Natalya said snapping me out of my trance. I was currently sitting at the beach contemplating, about the conversation earlier. "Y-Yeah, I'm fine." I said not paying much attention to Nicci.

I stood up and joined in on the game. The girls were playing beach volleyball. My team consisted of Hornet, Javelin, Amazon, and Repulse. In front of us were Nicci, Natalya, Arizona, Hamman, Northampton, and Laffey. The game had begun.

The ball was struck, returned, and occasionally landing on either side with scores 5-7. We were falling two points short. Laffey kept hitting it with incredible strength making it difficult to catch. We needed to find and an opening.

As we were playing, a shriek was heard. To our surprise, there was a shark approaching San Diego. We shouted for San Diego to swim away. Only for us to watch as, San Diego, the most unfortunate ship-girl I have ever seen, cry for help whilst desperately fighting the shark.

3rd P.O.V.
After the shark incident, they all took a shower after saving a petrified San Diego. Oklahoma challenged David to a cook-off as he exited the bath wearing his khaki service-dress. He grinned and accepted the challenge. Nevada and some others cheered for Oklahoma as Nicci, Natalya, and some other ship girls cheered for David. Their judge was Sheffield.

As they finished cooking, they simultaneously served their dishes. The given theme was fine dining. Nevada cooked a Sole Amandine, while David cooked a rainbow-like Terrine.

As Sheffield finished tasting both dishes, the plate she had put in front of her was David's. As they fished celebrating, Sheffield fainted. David caught her just as she was about to hit the floor.

As Oklahoma and the others cleaned the kitchen, David brought Sheffield to his room. He laid her on his bed. He removed her frilled headwear and tucked her in. As she slept peacefully, David smiled and whispered, "Thank you for your hard work, Sheffy." He grabbed the chair near the desk and succumbed to slumber, sleeping in the chair.