Chapter 6: Emergency Rescue

Sheffield P.O.V.
I awoke to an unfamiliar scent. I opened my eyes to see, Master Howe sleeping in a chair. As I looked around saw, I saw a desk with a piece of paper, a khaki cap with an unfamiliar insignia on it. It suddenly hit me, I was sleeping in Master's bed!

I quickly climbed out and fixed the sheets. I quietly exited his room, to attend to my duties as a maid. I did my best to remember what happened last night. I remembered a cook-off last night, I must've fallen asleep. 'Did fatigue catch up to me? Impossible!' I thought as I walked past some of the girls from the Royal Navy and Eagle Union.

"Sheffield!" A voice called out. I turned to see Belfast. "Belfast, is something the matter?" I replied trying my best to compose myself. "Her majesty would like a word with you and Edinburgh. This way." She calmly said.

Nicci P.O.V.
I opened my eyes to see I was on the floor. I felt so exhausted. I weakly stood up to see my sister sprawled on the bed snoring. Last night really drained us.

The Night Before

The rain poured down as thunder crackled. I was done taking a bath after I swam to retrieve a petrified San Diego. I was currently with Helena as she was teaching me radio transmissions. I was sitting on her desk, wearing another pair of headphones. A static buzzed.

"Hey Helena, 'you getting this?" I said as the transmission buzzed. It was hard to understand due to interference. "May-ay Ma-day! Can-one-ear me? -i-is-ing-ai of-" the transmission buzzed before it died. Helena immediately pressed the button on her desk. (Play video from the beginning.)

"Alert! We have intercepted a distress signal." As she gave out the details, I rushed out to find Natalya. I found her talking to Hamman, Saratoga, Leander, and London. I took her by the hand, and rushed to our dorm. "S-Sis! Wha-what are you-" She fumbled as I was changing into the flight suit.

"We have no time! Get into your flight suit or else Ning-Hai's a goner." I snapped. She was silent, hastily put on her flight suit. As we saw hornet ran to her ship, we caught up with her. "Hornet we're coming!" I said as we boarded her ship. "Shouldn't you be telling this to lieutenant?" She asked. I growled in frustration and left for the plane.

After a few hours later, we were flying at 500ft to avoid getting stuck by lightning. We had just taken off from hornet's ship just fifteen minutes ago. "See them anywhere?" I shouted towards Natalya. "Nothing!" She shouted back as we were circling the area. In the distance I saw a faint glow. I heard a roar getting louder by the minute.

I slightly stuck my head to be greeted by siren aircrafts. I dove back into my seat, as the plane descended to a roll. As I felt the plane made turns and rolls, I glanced at the enemy. Lasers flew past the plane grazing it, leaving scorch marks and meting of some metal. As it recovered and pulled up to gain altitude, I slid the windshield back to take down some siren scums.

The planes made a tight turn and I did my best shooting them down as they gave chase. "We've got an active carrier a few kilometers west! Get those planes of our tail while I bomb this tin can." Natalya shouted as she set the plane to a climb. Thunder crackled nearly hitting the plane and striking three siren planes down.

As I shot down the last one, it shot a missile beforehand. I frantically tried shooting it, as it got closer. The plane suddenly dove down, as the missile just passed us by a hair. As we made our dive, it turned around following suite. The missile drew nearer and nearer.

I swiveled to my dashboard and flicked the flares. Flares shone behind, as an explosion followed. Natalya pulled up with all her might. I felt a sudden heft, as gravity came down against my body.

As the plane stabilized, I looked back to see a plume of fire emerge. The siren aircraft carrier was engulfed by a fiery inferno. I slid down my seat in relief. My eyes felt heavy, exhaustion was the only thing I felt, and darkness enveloped my vision.

I looked back at Natalya who was on the bed sprawled snoring soundly. I took the khaki service dress and cap in my arms and took a bath. After a bath and breakfast, Hornet playfully punched my shoulder out of nowhere. "Whewie! You really gave us a good scare there." Hornet said as she slung an arm over my shoulders. I chuckled and replied, "Well, we can't let those sirens keep coming, can we?" "No ma'am. Hooyah!" She said as we walked together.

3rd P.O.V.
In the sakura Empire headquarters, four carriers, two destroyers and a heavy-cruiser had just docked. Seven girls greeted them. "Welcome home Akagi!" Kako greeted. "Good to see you, Kako, Furutaka." Akagi replied. "Did anything important occur in our absence?" Kaga asked. "No not really. Although, Nagato wishes to speak with you Akagi." Kako replied. "I know, thank you. I'll report to her right now." She said with a smile.

Furutaka walked past them and approached Ayanami. "Welcome home Ayanami!" She said in relieved. "It's good to be back." She softly replied. "Are you okay?" She asked as Ayanami nodded. "Hey, look who's home!" a little voice cheered behind the red pillar. Three girls came running towards Ayanami.

They all talked together as they admired the improved Fubuki-class destroyer. As Z23 watched the heart-warming welcome, she sighed as Eugen chuckled enjoying the three little girls welcome her back. "Az alwayz, zey are zo shildish." She sighed. "I advmit, I vind it vrather charming." Eugen said.

Standing just beside them are Hiryuu and Souryuu. Hiryuu noticed two girls in white kimonos approaching. They approached Zuikaku and Shokaku. "We've returned to you safely." Shokaku said as she bowed. "Excellent work out there. I'm glad you're in one piece." Soryu remarked.

"Oh, you just wouldn't believe it Soryu. Our elders are such harsh mistresses. Why ate our leaders so demanding?" She whined whilst holding Souryuu's hand. Her sweat dropped. "What's wrong Zuikaku, why the long face?" Hiryuu asked as she noticed Zuikaku being silent.

Souryuu and Shokaku turned to her. She came to and said, "Oh everything's fine, don't worry about me Hiryuu" Zuikaku said reassuring them as she faked a smile. In truth, she was contemplating on her battle with Enterprise, The Grey Ghost. She was defeated and felt weak is what she thought. She clenched her fist. Remembering how close she was to striking the Grey Ghost down. "Grey Ghost" she whispered. As she put her hand on her chest, turning to the sky shouting, "I'll have you next time!" As her kimono flutters like wings as the wind blows.

As they all walked to the market area the base, Prinz Eugen can't help but think about the pilot whom she saw in the bent gull-winged plane. She remembered his face, his hair was a slightly thin, jet black, and slicked to the right. His heterochromia eyes were Alabama red on his right and Silver on his left. She giggled to herself thinking, he might be the one. Z23 noticed a faint blush on Eugen's cheek, but dismissed it thinking, she might be planning something mischievous.

Back at Azur Lane Headquarters, Natalya had just woken up and took a bath. As she headed to the tubs, she mistakenly headed to the tub where Eldridge bathes. Unbeknownst to her, Eldridge is enjoying her bath. As her foot touched the water, a surge of electricity surged throughout her body, shocking her wide awake. She looked back to see Eldridge just as surprised to see her. She stood up and apologized to Eldridge, while all of her hair was raised.

She entered an empty tub and soaked herself finally relaxing. As she was enjoying a hot bath, her nose itched and sneezed. After her bath she took a thermometer and checked her current temperature. Only to her dismay, she has a cold. "This, is not my day." She sadly said with a weak voice as she sneezed.