26

Allie had been worried that someone was going to tell her family how she had slept with Phil. She didn't want them to hate her. Especially Charley. And especially when they had just gotten their friendship back on track.

That morning, she woke in bed. Mia was fast asleep in her Moses basket. Allie sighed and checked she was okay before she left her bedroom.

She sat in the kitchen after making herself a coffee. She knew that she was on edge. Waiting for someone to tell everyone what she had done.

Allie sighed as she heard Mia crying. She quickly went to pick her up. "Morning my munchkin. Let's go get ready for the day," she told her.

***
Allie went out into the square. She smiled as she saw Charley and walked over to her. "Hey. How's Esmè?" Allie asked as she hugged her.

Charley groaned. "A diva. She's an actual diva. And I'm certain they swapped her."

Allie smirked and nodded. "The fact that she's your mini me... okay."

Charley looked to her. "Are you okay? You seem like you're on edge," she commented as she picked up Mia and held her.

Allie sighed. "Im fine. I'm just feeling rotten. And before you ask, I'm not pregnant again. I don't know what's wrong with me."

Charley smiled as she looked to her. "Do you want me and Jack to have Mia while you catch up on sleep? It can't be easy," she told her.

"Erm only if you're sure? I'm sure you have your hands full with Esmè too?" Allie said.

Charley smiled. "Trust me. It will be fine. They're only babies. What's the worst that can happen?"

"You'd be surprised."

***
Allie sat in the cafe. She looked up as Phil sat opposite her. "What?" She asked.

"I got another letter. This time threatening to tell Charley. Unless you tell her yourself. This isn't funny anymore. Someone knows what we did," Phil said.

Allie sighed. "Maybe we should tell her. And everyone else. That way whoever is blackmailing us will stop," she told him.

"Are you mad? We can't tell anyone. We both have too much to lose. And you know that."

Allie rolled her eyes. "I don't know what other choice we have! Seriously... they will come round. It's not like we had a full blown affair and now we're getting married. It was one night. It was sex. That's all," she said.

Phil shook his head. "We can't tell anyone. They won't get it."

"Then what? We just sit here and get blackmailed? Is that really what you want?" Allie asked as she tried to not raise her voice.

"I'll sort it."

***
Allie went back home. Mia was with Charley and Jack. Allie climbed into bed and sighed. She felt the tears pouring down her cheeks.

She had no idea how everything had become a mess. She had no idea what she was going to do about the whole blackmail thing. She knew it was a mess. And she didn't think she couldn't do it anymore.

Allie knew that things were getting too much for her. And she didn't know how much more she could do.