29

Allie knew how she was getting closer to Gray. The two of them had been texting and being on call most of the time. Allie knew how she had been through a lot.

Especially all that had happened with Peter. She knew how he was the father of her daughter. Her Mia. And she knew how she felt like she wanted him there. But he clearly wasn't going to be there.

Mia was going to grow up without her father in her life. And it broke her.

Allie knew how she had been lied to about her father her whole life. But she knew at least she had someone to be there for her to grow up.

Allie that she knew was that her life was getting far too complicated. And she had no idea how to deal with it.

Morning came and so Allie was sitting in the living room. She was feeding Mia as she held her close. She sighed. "Mummy loves you. And you might not have your daddy. But you've got me," she mumbled.

Max walked into the room and looked to her. "Are you okay?" He asked.

"I'm good. Just feeding her. Then I'm going to see how Charley's doing. Jack cheated on her you know," Allie said.

"Jack? I thought you were calling him dad now?"

Allie scoffed and rolled her eyes. "He's not my dad when he's cheating on my best friend and the mother of my baby sister," she said.

Max smirked. "You've always had a stubborn streak. Has anyone ever told you that?"

"More than once."

***
Allie smiled as she saw Charley. She walked over to her. "Hey. How you doing?" She asked.

Charley sighed. "It was Denise. Who he slept with. Denise Fox. While I was caring for our daughter, he was off porking her. What does she have that I don't?" She mumbled.

Allie sat down with her and smiled. "Nothing. You're gorgeous babes. And he's just a knob head," she told her.

"I honestly don't know what to do anymore. My head is a mess. I wanted the perfect family for Esmè. But that's clearly not going to happen. Anyway, how's it going with Gray? I know the two of you have gotten pretty close," Charley said.

Allie smiled and shrugged. "It's early days to be honest. I like him a lot. But after everything I've been through with Peter, I feel like he's maybe a second chance," she told her.

"Well whatever happens, I'm always here for you."

***
Allie was walking through the square. Phil walked over to her. "We have a problem. Billy has a photo of us. He's sent it to Charley. You need to get her phone off her now," he said.

Allie paled. She shook her head. "No. Don't say that. Phil, she will kill us both," she told him.

"I know. You need to get her phone somehow and delete it," Phil said as he turned and walked off.

***
Allie saw Gray and walked over to him. She smiled. "Hey. You got a little too flirty last night. It's not nice to tease a girl like that," she said.

Gray smirked and looked to her. "Well why don't I take you for dinner one night? We can see who's the tease then," he told her.

Allie smiled and nodded. But could she make something with gray? Or would her past come back to haunt her?