Birthday

Birthday-The Beatles

Ford POV:
A smile was plastered on my face as I looked at all of the posts that people put up for my birthday. My heart melted a little at the post that Lizzie put on instagram.

I perceived that she didn't want to talk about us to the media, especially when we weren't even dating. Her comment section was flooded with "who is he?" or "are they dating?"

My heart started to race up with all of these comments. I was soon knocked out of my panicked state by a knock on the front door. Peyton, who was sitting beside me on the couch, perked up and made her way to the door.

Sighing, I got up and opened the door only to be met by the very adorable but very excited Lizzie. "Happy Birthday!" She shouted as she tackled me into a hug, making me fall back slightly but catching her to keep our bodies balanced.

"Thank you, but it's not that big of a deal," I said, still hugging her, "not a big deal? Ford, this is the day of your birth. I wouldn't have gotten the chance to meet you if you weren't born, "she said, bringing her head to look at me.

I shrugged, being reminded of my past birthdays before we got adopted. I begun reminiscing the agony and pain that our father put us through, no matter what day it was.

Lizzie, noticing my dazed state, reached her hands up to grab my face, letting her worried eyes gaze into my broken ones.

"Hey, what's wrong?" she questioned, softly caressing my face. Remembering what was happening, I broke out of it and shook it off. "Nothing, I'm fine," I said, giving Lizzie a fake smile, to which she stood there not believing me.

"So I saw your post. I didn't think you wanted to tell people that we had a thing going," I said, changing the subject while making my way to my bedroom.

Did you not want me to tell people? I'm sorry, I can take it dow-" I interrupted her by kissing her lightly. Which she reciprocated immediately, letting her arms drape over my shoulders as I held her.

"Don't apologize. I thought it was adorable, especially coming from you." I whispered against her lips. She laughed before pulling me into another kiss. "Best birthday ever" I said once we broke the kiss, leaning our foreheads together.

She slightly pushed me back towards my closet, "you better get dressed, we have to go soon," she said. "Yes ma'am" I saluted to her, teasingly.

I then took the moment to take in what she was wearing; her brunette hair pulled back in a low bun with a short but cute black dress.

She looked beautiful. But then she walked out of my room, making me pout slightly. "Don't pout, I'm going to see your dog" she shouted from the living room.

I put on a white button-down dress shirt with some gray slacks and some "nicer" shoes, throwing a watch and some bracelets on my wrist. I soon made my way out to where Lizzie was sitting and grabbed a light jacket in case it got cold out later.

Once I turned around, I noticed that Lizzie had moved from her spot on the couch to in front of me, just giving me the stare down. Confused, I waved my hand in front of her face, embarrassed. She cleared her throat. "Ready to go?" I asked, then she walked up closer, unbuttoning a button or two on my shirt.

"Now I am," she said in a seductive voice, making me freeze on the spot. She grabbed my hand and led me outside. "My car or yours?" I asked, looking at her. "Yours," she replied, nodding.

She followed me to the garage and was surprised when she saw that there were other cars. The garage was fairly big,  housing my three vehicles: my Bronco, an Audi R8, and a 1975 Jeep Grand Wagoneer.