The Way I Loved You

The Way I Loved You (Taylor's Version)- Taylor Swift

No One POV:
           Flashback-

"That's not true Ford, I love you!" She yelled back to him. "Really? Was he better? I need to know the truth" Ford spoke, tears pouring down her face.

"No! Of course not, you are the only one that matters to me" she cried, walking forward to cup his face.

"We are living a lie! You know that right? You never loved me. I was never good enough for you because if I was, you wouldn't have gone and cheated on me" Ford exclaimed, backing away from her.

"I'm sorry, please. W-we can still make this work I promise" she sniffled, using her hands to wipe the tears rolling down her cheeks away.

"How long has it been going on? Between the two of you?" Ford asked, broken. "Two months" was all she said putting her head down. "Great, that's jus- that's just awesome" Ford replied, pacing the floor.

"I'd like you to leave, please" Ford asked, not daring to look at the woman standing in front of him. "Ford, please. I made a mistake, we can still be together. Still have that life that we dreamed for ourselves" she pleaded, attempting to make eye contact with him.

"We can't Aubrey! And you know that. I can't be here and continue to live this life. To act like we live in some goddamn fantasy, when in reality we aren't" Ford scorned.

"Besides, that dreamed died the minute you slept with him" his voice trembling. "Please leave" he asked again. She gave up. Nodding as the tears continued to flow down her face.

"Are we still going to the award ceremony together?" she sniffled, making her way towards the front door.

"I guess we can act like mature adults for one night. But it still doesn't change anything between us" Ford replied, walking towards her.

She nodded, attempting to compose herself. "I'm still going to pick up your suit" she spoke. "You don't h-" he was shortly cut off.

"I want too" she interrupted him. He nodded as she made her way out the front door. He watched as she her way to her car before stopping to embrace him in a light hug.

Ford reciprocated her actions but held back, thinking of how hard it was going to be to let her go. In reality, it boiled down to how she didn't want him like he wanted her.

Love really was a funny thing.

Ford POV:

I lived that day over and over again in my head.I had to let her go because it hurt to see her love someone else even though she promised me forever.

After Aubrey passed, it was hard for me to carry on everyday life. Even harder to go to the award ceremony with her. She was my forever.

At least that's what I thought. Little did I know she loved someone else.

Damn I was such a fool.

The night of my birthday, I thought about our whole situation. Starting a new relationship with Lizzie and the beginning of another career. My anxiety was shot through the roof.