Just Friends

Just Friends- Audrey Mika

No one POV:

On the eastern side of town, Lizzie was outside in her garden. She was pruning leaves from the stems, lost in her own little world. She bummed along to the melody of some random song she heard.

Much opposite, Ford was sat perched in his bed,
rewatching 'Breaking Bad' again for the nine hundredth time.

His chestnut locks fell to just the back of his neck, growing longer than he usually wore it. A now sober man compared to last night, he felt awful about what he had said to Regan.

She deserved to know the truth, even if he hid it to avoid the consequences. Yet here he sat.

Alone in his bed.

His mind drifted to the message he received this morning. Not from Regan, but from the girl he once loved.

Lizzie.

Her sisters had talked her into inviting the man for a quick lunch. Nothing too extravagant or huge.

She never had the intention of inviting him, she thought that he wouldn't even come.

It wasn't something he had really expected. Especially, after his drunkenness took over him last night. He had been an asshole to everyone there and regretted it.

So despite his thoughts, he agreed to go.

However, Lizzie had failed to mention that her sisters were in town and they'd be joining the pair. Honestly for Fords sake, that was a better option.

When the time came, Ford was met with an abrupt knock on the door. You could imagine the surprise on his face when he noticed Mary Kate was on the other side.

His glasses slid down to his nose, the sweat filled his face as he entered the car.

Ford POV:

The undermining feeling of nervousness filled within me. Lizzie and I have been broken up for almost a year so what's the worst that could happen?

I had never officially met the twins up until now, considering what Lizzie had told me about them I could paint a pretty good picture.

Lizzie POV:

There was an unspoken ensemble between us, despite neither of us saying anything to each other it was clear that we were tense. My sisters are my best friends but I think they might have gone a little overboard when they had the grand idea to rope us all to a late lunch.

No one POV:

The group soon enough arrived to the restaurant. There was light conversation, nothing heavy and nothing directed at the ex lovers. Introductions were passed around despite Ford knowing exactly who the girls were.

They were sat at a cozy booth in the corner of the room. A waiter came by to take everyones orders, they didn't seem to question the fact as to who exactly was sat at the table.

Lizzie and her sisters talked about 'The Row's' upcoming collections, exchanging a few ideas here and there. But for the most part, Ford kept quiet. He played with the wrapper of a straw, eyes situated on the table.

"So Ford, tell us about yourself" Mk asked, bringing his attention to the girls who were watching him curiously. "Well, what do you wanna know?" he questioned. "Liz tells us that you're working on your first movie?" Ashley says.

He nodded, taking a sip from his drink before he continued. "Yes! We just finished reshoots a few weeks ago and the premiere is coming up soon" he replied.