Everybody Loves Somebody

Everybody Loves Somebody- Dean Martin

Ford POV:

Have I mentioned that it was Christmas season? 

Well it is and Lizzie has talked my ear off about how magical Christmastime is in New York. In fact, she went on this rant about how much she loved it during her time in college at NYU.

Naturally, after she told me this I couldn't be more excited to bask in it along with the New York beauty. Growing up, my dad told us the stories of his travels to 'the big apple' and that he couldn't wait for us to all take a trip there one day.

 But as I sat there in this car with my girlfriend and her mom driving in cold, snowy New York City, I realized how much I truly missed my family.

The last time I had been reunited with everyone had been almost a year and a half. The thought alone made me sick to my stomach. Of course I called or shot a text or two to my sisters and my brother, but it didn't seem the same as when I had spent the holidays with them.

"So Ford, how was London? Lizard told me it was your first time being there" Jarnette asks from the front seat. I gulp, breaking from my thoughts as I reminisce the not so great experience. "It was great" I smile, pulling my hand from Lizzie's grasp to wipe my sweaty hands on my pants.

Lizzie, of course gives me a disapproving look but quickly changing to one of concern at my now nervous state. "Thats wonderful! David and I used to take the girls and Trent to Manchester for vacation when they were younger" Jarnette recalls. 

"Yeah mom and the last time we went you threw a fit about how they drove on the opposite side of the road" Lizzie remarked with a chuckle. She endorses me with a wide smile, reaching for my hand again.

"Elizabeth, hush!" she exclaimed in a jokingly manner, the entire car now filled with laughter. "The people were lovely and I truly enjoyed our trips there. I just don't like change is all and I'm use to driving on the right side of the road" Jarnette added.

"Yeah, she doesn't like change but decided to move all the way from California to the east coast" Lizzie whispered, giggling from beside me. I try to stifle a laugh as Jarnette glances at us through the rearview mirror, a knowing look on her face. 

"The point is Elizabeth, I loved the time we spent together as a family before you each grew up and went your separate ways" she says, pulling into the driveway of a luxurious white house.

Before Lizzie could respond, Jarnette had already gotten out of the car and moved to the front door. "Is she alright?" I asked Lizzie, my voice low in case she could hear us, our car doors now open. 

"I think she just misses having us around. With MK and Ash doing their own things and Trent and I living back in LA, she doesn't really get to spend time with us. But it worked out this weekend with you being in town"she explained, unbuckling her seatbelt.

"C'mon, she's been cooking all day just for when you got here" Lizzie said, holding out her hand for me to grab. "I'm no one special" I chuckle, following behind her. "Of course you are, you make me happy and anyone who does that is special to my family" she adds, turning to face me. Lizzie then turns on her heel practically pulling me along inside the gorgeous home.

"Well look who finally got here" MK announced. "Yeah, its about time you showed up" Ashley chimed in. The twins greeted us as we walked into the living room, I turn my attention to them for a moment before my eyes catch an unfamiliar man standing with a woman by his side in the corner of the room.

"Phwwwwwhht" Ashley whistles, waving her hand in front of my face to gain my attention. I look back to her and the others who have dispersed throughout the house. Lizzie is now in the kitchen with her mom, talking quietly to one another but sending me a comforting smile in return before going back to her conversation.