Love Your Love The Most

Love Your Love The Most- Eric Church

(Love how I'm posting a Christmas part in August)

Ford POV:

They say you know when you know and I've known from the moment that I met her.

It was the craziest feeling falling in love. It feels like a hundred thousand knives are being thrown at you yet all you feel is happiness.

Love can be exciting but it can be painful and hurt like hell. When you meet the right person its like nothing in the world matters but your person.

The way she looked at me in this moment, her hand intertwined with mine and her hand nestled into the crook of my neck. It feels like nothing could be more perfect.

The snow dusted the sidewalks of Central Park, making it nearly impossible to see the way. Green leaves on the trees now long gone and bare.

She had suggested last night to take a stroll through the park, just the two of us.

Luckily, given the impressive amount of snow that had fallen the previous night and continued into today, paparazzi weren't following our every move. Her hand wrapped around my arm, leather gloves resting against my jacket.

The wind blew cold and you would think I was Rudolph himself, judging by my bright red nose. Lizzie did her best to cover it, placing a red scarf around my face to keep the snow from blowing against it.

It was two days to Christmas. We were spending the remainder of the day here in the city before our flight tomorrow morning to my parents house in Tennessee.

I had organized it with my siblings, hoping to surprise my parents. It had been months since I had seen them and this was the first time they would actually be meeting my girl.

She was beyond excited. I was nervous to say the least, Lizzie was a very important part of my life and so were my parents.

I was hoping that they would get along, not that I was worried because my girlfriend makes friends with almost every person she meets. I felt her squeeze my upper arm, pulling me from my thoughts.

"Coffee?" she suggests, gesturing to the coffee shop across the street from where we were walking. I nodded, her eyes lighting up at the acceptance to her offer. Lizzie tugs me by the hand, taking me by surprise.

Before we enter the shop, she reaches up on her tippy toes to pull my toboggan over my ears. She then takes a moment to fix her ball cap, pulling the brim down to cover her face. I place my hand in hers upon going inside.

The interior was quaint and irrevocably so. The humming of the espresso machine rang into the air, the bell ringing as we opened the door. Lizzie huddled closer to me, noticing the long line of people in front of us.

As she stood a few inches in front of me, I rested my chin softly on the top of her head. A wide smile lit up her face as she grabbed both of my hands and intertwined them together.

Lizzie took the liberty of ordering as I attempted to find an open spot in the mass of people that were scattered amongst the cafe.

Luckily, there was an empty booth stationed in the corner of the room. I happily sat down, waiting patiently for Liz to return with our drinks.

No One POV:

"Ford? Is that you?" a woman's voice called from behind him. He turned to the side, faced with a younger blonde woman. His jaw dropped slightly, suddenly at a loss for words. He shot up from his spot, towering over the girl with how tall he was.