Crazy Little Thing Called Love

Crazy Little Thing Called Love-Queen (Remastered 2011)

Ford POV:
Just like she said, Lizzie didn't show up for dinner. I decided to treat myself by making some nice pasta sharing half with Peyton because there wasn't another person to share it with.

I was watching 'Daredevil' on my tv when I received a phone call, perking up in anticipation my first thought was that it was my girlfriend calling to check up on me.

Sadly,  I was met with some unknown number not thinking much I declined it and tossed my phone to the side focusing back on the show. A few minutes later, that same number called again but this time I decided to answer the phone in case it was important.

"Hello?" I said with a bit of an annoyanceas I accepted the phone call. "Is this Ford Shepard?" the person on the other end of the phone asks. "This is him, may I ask who I am speaking with?" I asked the voice curiously. "Sorry yes! My name is Dean Jordan I work at

STXfilms Lakeshore Entertainment, I was calling regarding your audition tape. Baltasar Kormákur our director strongly believes that you are best fit to play Richard Sharp" he concluded. "Really? Wow this is incredible, thank you sir! May I ask why you contacted me directly rather than my manager?" I asked.

"Mr. Kormákur wanted me to deliver the exciting news to you directly rather than just through an email" he answered.

"We also sent your manager the details for filming and such, the table read is going to be next Tuesday but the email will explain all of that" he continued. My phone began to buzz again while it was in my hand and I saw that it was Nate himself calling me.

"I appreciate this, thank you so much could you let Mr. Kormákur know that I look forward to working with him?" I asked. "Will do Mr. Akins, have a great day!" he said as he hung up the phone.

Switching over calls Nate then explains to me the details about filming and the time for the table read. Overall I was very excited considering this was my first ever acting job ever, I couldn't wait to tell Lizzie about it as soon as I talked to her.

Speaking of she's calling now, "good evening, my lovely Lizard!" I exclaimed, excited through the phone. "Ford could we talk? More specifically about meeting with Alex?" she asked and I could tell that she was angry judging by her voice through the phone.

"Sure, what would you like to talk about?" I asked confused, "Why didn't you tell me that you went and visited Alex during filming a couple months ago?" she asked. "Oh that" I recited monotonly, my hand reaching up to scratch the back of my neck nervously.

"I didn't feel the need to put you in any situation where you were stressed, I knew you had a lot on your plate since you were filming" I said. "Ford, this was a big thing that you did and you didn't think to tell me? What did you even say to him?" she asked more calmly.

"I can't tell you" I replied, knowing that she'd get mad at me, "why?" she simply asked. "I told him that I wanted to keep it between me and him, I did it to protect you" I answered.

I waited there for a few minutes, neither one of us saying anything to each other. "Do you maybe wanna come over later tonight? I know that you were at the trial but I just wanted to ask" I asked breaking the silence.

"Sure, send me your address and I'll be there in a few" she said hanging up the phone rather quickly. So I sent her the address hoping that she wasn't mad at me, hoping that she could know one day that I did this to better our relationship.

After 20 minutes I heard a knock on the door, getting up from the couch and answering the front door.

"Hey Lizzie" I greeted with a smile,  before the Olsen girl darted into my arms bringing me into a tight hug. I walked us to the couch while she was still hugging me, we stayed like that for a few minutes before she spoke again.

"I'm sorry" she said nuzzling her head into my shoulder while giving my neck a light kiss. "For what?" I asked angling my head to look back down at her, "I yelled at you for not telling me but you should be yelling at me for ditching you for dinner tonight" she said.

"It's alright I'm not mad one bit, I mean you did end up with me tonight so I'm pretty happy about that" I said lightly rubbing up and down her back.

"I'm also sorry I didn't tell you about going to Alex's trial, I'm sure you thought that I was stupid" she said. "No, because I trust you and I understand he was your boyfriend and all" I responded.

Her head shot up from my shoulder grabbing my face with her hands firmly, "no you are my boyfriend and I'm your girlfriend, I'm sorry I haven't been acting like it but you are special to me" she said looking into my eyes. "It's good to see you again I missed you darlin'" I said flashing her a smile before pulling her into a small kiss making her smile into it.

"I like that nickname, it sounds sexy when you say it with your little southern accent" she conjures, lip between her teeth. "Oh really?" I asked, quirking my brows at her. She hummed in return, grabbing a fistful of my shirt to connect our lips together once again.

"You wanna watch a movie?" I asked as we pulled away from the kiss, she nodded before kissing my cheek and going back to the spot with her head on my shoulder. I turned on the 'Titanic' and laid back on the couch content with where I was at night now.

Running my hands through her hair, I nearly fell asleep before I remembered the exciting news. "Hey, guess what?" I whisper shouted because I could see that she was falling asleep as she laid on top of me now. "What?" she asked sleepy, " I got the role" I stated simply.

Again, she shot up placing one of her hand on my chest to look at my face, "you got THE role?" she questioned. Nodding she bounced in excitement before she pulled me into a sitting position lunging for another one of her tight hugs.

"I'm so proud of you sweetheart!" she shouted, "well I have to thank my acting coach for those informative lessons in her living room" I said wiggling my eyebrows.

She lightly slapped my chest at that comment making her laugh, "thank you really, you are one of the main reasons I did this" I said.

"One of? Who or who is your main reason" she said with an amused look on her face, "well Kevin Feige might have played a large part of it" I said making her eyes widen. I'm quick to share the story of how Kevin recommended me for their movies and she gave me a speech similar to the one Kevin gave me when I went to his office.

Right as we fell asleep on my couch together she looked up at me from her position of her head on my chest and her legs tangled with me.

Reaching up to cup one side of my face she said "I'm so proud of you, I'm sorry I don't say it enough" making me smile, I kissed her on the forehead and she looked at me with a slight pout.

"You missed" she said making me laugh before pecking her lips, she then laid back on my chest sighing contently.

I was so damn happy and content to have my girlfriend back in my arms.