I Hear a Symphony

I Hear a Symphony- Cody Fry

Ford POV:

The next few weeks flew by fast, I hadn't heard from Alex or Lizzie since that night. However,  i saw that Alex and his band were off in on tour in London.

Lizzie hadn't posted on Instagram since the Avengers premiere and the last I saw was that she was filming her new series in LA. The two of us actually lived fairly close to one another, yet I was typically working.

Regan usually worked late nights at the bar downtown but we spent most of our weekends together. I actually asked her the other night on a date, where I officially asked her to be my girlfriend.

Lucky for me, she accepted.

Her best friend was getting married soon so this weekend she was headed to New York for a bachelorette weekend. In other words, I was going to be home alone all weekend.

It's currently Friday night and I am dropping Regan as well as one of her friends at the airport. The other bridesmaids were already in New York but Regan had to stay back to work. Her friend however, gladly offered to stay behind with her and go tonight.

When I finished parking the car, I walked in front of the two as they babbled about the weekend. I soon felt a hand slip into mine, bringing my attention to my side. Only to find Regan looking up at me with a soft smile.

"I'm gonna miss you" she pouted, running her thumb across the back of my hand. "Me too but you'll only be gone for a few days and I'll be right here waiting for you when you get back" I replied, pressing a light kiss to the crown of her head.

"Promise?" She asked, halting her movement and holding out her pinky finger. "Promise" I replied, interlocking our fingers together.

Soon enough, I watched as the girls checked in their bags. We walked to the security line when Alecia, Regan's friend scolded her friend when she embraced me in a long hug.

Laughing, I pressed a light kiss to her lips before gesturing her to go or she'll miss her flight. The two went through security, giving me a final wave before walking to their gate.

On the walk back to the car, I already received a text from Regan. "Thank you for taking us I'll text you when we land ;)" In return, made me smile instantly. I responded shortly, then proceeded to make my way back to my house.

I laid flopped out on my bed as Peyton was curled up on my other side on some blankets.Out of impulse, I decided to take a quick shower.

Promptly when I finished, I entered my closet and picked scouted out a sweatshirt to wear. That was until I hear my phone ring,  which was still resting on the bed.

Turns out the incoming call was from my old college roommate, Jovan. Obviously, I was surprised to see that he was calling at 9:30pm. Especially, since I haven't spoken to him since a little after our college graduation.

3 Years ago.

'Maybe he was just drunk dialing people? Maybe he was hurt and had no one else to call?' The list of possibilities ran vigorously through my head as the anticipation of answering the phone dialed into perspective.

"Hello?" I answered, bracing for an answer on the other side, "Ford! Hi, it's Jovan. I hope you haven't forgotten about me" he chucked.

I am quick to take in the tone of his voice. He didn't seem drunk and his words weren't slurring together.  So what was he calling for?

"Jovan, uh- no I haven't. Sorry, I was just surprised to be receiving a call from you. Especially at this hour" I responded, glancing at the watch on my wrist.