Be Alright

Be Alright- Dean Lewis

Ford POV:

Present time:

Okay, okay so I might have misjudged the use of my previous sentence but in all honesty it was the truth.

And before you start making assumptions, no something didn't happen to Lizzie.

She didn't die, but she ghosted me.

Like, off the grid, blocked my phone number, ghosted me.

I found it very odd. My guess was it took long distance to make her flip. I didn't receive any explanation as to why she decided to go through with it instead of talking to me.

We could've worked it out. We could've talked it through. But no, I guess it wasn't enough.

8 months earlier:

I woke up to the painful sound of my screeching alarm. It was evident that my body was running low on sleep with only 4 hours.

I was still extremely jet lagged, sitting on a plane for that amount of time gets to you. Gathering what little energy I had, I off of the couch. With a stretch, I sauntered my way to the bathroom to take a quick shower before my day officially got started.

The steaming hot water hit my back which made me release a sigh. My focus turned to my hands, watching as they shook with anxiousness.

I found myself zoned out there for a few minutes,  trying to prevent myself from going into full blown panic. Once I did finish up my shower, i threw on some clothes for warmer weather, considering the sun was beating down forcefully.

On my way out the door, I shot another quick text to Lizzie. That way she knew that I was on my way to the table read. I didn't receive a reply back from her but again it was 2am so I didn't think much of it. I found Malcolm was waiting outside for me when I walked closed the door.

"Malcolm? How'd you know that I was leaving?" I asked him, "boss told me to come pick you up around 8, he thought you'd like to get an early start on the day" he replied.

The ride was short,  Malcolm and I making small talk about different things. He then left me in front of a big warehouse, similar to the one we used for the filming or Infinity War.

Walking in, I was met with a few crew members ushering me to a table that was sat in the middle of the room.  It was adorned with name tags,  labeled in front of each chair.

Eventually, I was introduced to some of my cast mates and much like my suspicions, they were extremely nice.

In time, I got to meet Baltasar Kormákur,  the director. Turns out the he is an amazing dude and a smart one too.

We worked through the opening scenes of the script, while Baltasar made side notes here and there about how he wanted to spruce up each scene.

Shailene was in fact pretty cool.  The two of us got along very well and she even invited me to lunch later, so we could get to know one another better.

We broke for lunch a few hours later. I checked my phone to see if Lizzie had texted me but she hadn't.

I waved it off considering she's now a producer so maybe she's filming or working on some behind the scenes things. I sent another text,  just letting her know that the first table read went well.

Shailene and I sat down at lunch, chatting about random things here and there. She began to tell me about her experiences when she filmed the Divergent series.

Apparently, she was in a relationship which she briefly mentioned but I didn't bring it up. She gave me some tips and pointers that would be useful when we filmed more sad scenes.