𝒊𝒗. a mcdonald's visit

..⃗. 🧃 •̩̩͙·˚ ➷̈
𝗕𝗘𝗦𝗧 𝗙𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗡𝗗'𝗦 𝗕𝗥𝗢𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥 ━━━━ 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥
( A MCDONALD'S VISIT ) *:・゚

THE SOUND OF oil rapidly popping in the fryer overtook the air around Amelia and Spencer. She was dreading coming into work that day after accidentally liking an old picture of his. In hindsight, this wasn't the end of the world. But for Amelia — someone who gets embarrassed by almost everything and anything — this certainly was the end of the world.

        The two teenagers silently stood next to each other making and packaging fries. At that moment, Amelia wished nothing more than to have the ability to vanish. But the more she thought about it, the more she accepted that she was just being melodramatic.

         "Hey, did you find my instagram yesterday?" Spencer broke the deafening silence, not even removing his gaze from his work.

        Amelia immediately looked at him with panic surging through her body. She cleared her throat as she looked back at the fries that were cooking and shook her head, "No, of course not. Why do you ask?"

         "I got a notification." He replied.

         "Oh, you know what it was?" She pretended to realize, "My friend took my phone yesterday and I think he was just going through Instagram."

         "Nah, it's cool. I was just wondering, that's all." He chuckled.

         "Oh, okay." She said. He was just wondering? What did he even mean by that? Per usual, Amelia took something of peripheral significance and made it a big deal in her head. She knew she had to stop doing that, but it was just so much better to not.

         Spencer was then called to work at the register and get peoples' orders. The two have already pre-made lots of fries, so it was fine for Amelia to continue making them herself. She was alone with her thoughts. The thoughts that kept convincing her brain that Spencer probably finds her cute already. Why else would he bring up the whole Instagram thing? Or maybe he really just was curious.

         After quite some time being alone, Spencer came back to the frying station. "Hey, Amy, there's some guy asking for you at the counter. I can take over the fries, if you wanna go up there." She nodded her head as she and Spencer traded places. Who would want to go ask for her specifically?

         That question was soon answered when she found Matt patiently waiting on the other side of the counter. "Oh my god, wow, I finally get to you in your natural habitat." He commented, scrutinizing her red polo and matching red visor.

         "What are you doing here, Matt? Don't you and your brothers usually go through the drive-thru?" She inquired.

         "I think what you're supposed to say is: how may I take your order?" He teased her.

         "You're such a dick, I hope you know that." She retorted.

"I didn't exactly come here to make fun of you, but it's pretty fun." Matt chuckled.

Amelia let out a few fake laughs before stoically asking, "What do you want?"

"What Nick, Chris, and I usually get, please." He answered with an amicable smile that adorned his face.

"Nick's mixed McFlurry and three large fries coming right up." She told him. Amelia made Nick's McFlurry and when she was done, Spencer was there packing the three french fries in the bag. When she stood by his side, Spencer slid the bag to her and muttered, "I fucking hate working at this McDonald's. I'm gonna burn myself with the fryer."

"Do you not see the customer right in front of us?" Amelia asked him, referring to Matthew.

"Sorry, man. Please come back to this McDonald's another time, it's great here." He smiled at him before adding, "Or don't, it's your choice."

"For as long as she's working here," Matt pointed to Amelia, "You'll see me here very often, so don't worry." He gave his money to Amelia before waving at her, "Bye, Ames." The nickname gave clear indication to Spencer that they knew each other.

Matthew recognized her coworker as Spencer, but didn't want to make it obvious that he knows who he is for Amy's sake. So, he glanced at his name tag and waved to him as well as he was about to walk away, "Bye, Spencer. I hope your job gets better."

"That actually means a lot to me, thank you Amy's friend!" Spencer called out. The volume of his voice increased with each step Matt took closer to the exit. Spencer then looked at Amelia next to him. "That is your friend, right?"

         "Yeah." She answered rather quietly, "But maybe don't yell out to him where everyone here can hear you."

         "What, I was genuinely moved by what he had to say." He replied in the same low volume as Amelia. She pointed back to the fryer, wordlessly telling him to go back. As he approached the fryer in defeat of the company as a whole, Amelia took another customer's order.

ANGIE'S NOTES☺︎
lowkey a filler chapter lol
im on spring break now so hopefully
more updates 😁
also this has almost 3k reads are you kidding
me rn??!!!?!
i truly love you all mwah🤍